Jags wont force a move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jagdemo.png

He does not do that for England.

I recall that he passed the ball straight out to a certain 'lady boy' when he played for England.
His distribution is awfull, even if Moyes sent him out with instructions to 'go long' Jagielka should still be able to knock it long and accurately. Against Sunderland there was this moment when he intercepted the ball, he knocked it from his chest to his knee to his foot...and that point you think wow, nicely done Jags,...and then...BOOM he volleys it straight into the crowd! Well that is how I remember it anyway.

Having watched it back it appears I have given Jagielka too much credit, he did intercept the ball he then flicked it up with his foot and booted it really high but still out of play. I'm reminded of a certain advert where Peter Kay wellies the ball and shouts 'have it'. Essentially Jagielka has the distribution of an overweight sunday league comedian dabbling in acting for an advert advertising beer!

I hope he scores today....

Surely if we were looking at moving a centre half on and bringing in a younger model as many on here have said, that person should be Distin? Jags should be in his prime now as an experienced centre back. If he had a younger player (24/25) alongside him, who in 5 years can be the leader in the back, who had learnt from Jags passing on experience. That would be ideal but of course, but Moyes hasn't the WONGA to get that man.

I've just read the full article this came from (my dad sent me the clipping from The Guardian.

He's actually very complimentary to us throughout. He says he does miss Arteta (don't we all), that we need new blood and that our squad is split with young ones and old ones and not much in between.

However, to put it in context the interview was just before he picked up player of the month, so he was hardly going to say we are shi*t and he hates Moyes for making him hoof it every 2 touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.