Jags Still Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post match interviews: head down mumbling into his shirt.

What an image he projects to the world about Everton.

Reactions: Tez
If we hand it straight to Rooney it will be the most small club thing we've ever done. Everton weren't just sitting with the engine running whilst he was gone, waiting for him to come back.

Coleman is the clear choice as the next captain. Being injured should not rule him out. He won't be injured forever and he is the leader in this squad.

Rooney has leadership qualities but it doesn't mean he should be Everton captain any more than that meant Ashley Williams should be when he left Swansea.

It's exciting to have Wayne back but we need to reign in the fanfare a bit now.

Rooney should be made captain. Koeman has already said as much. Why else is he here?

Not that arsed. None of the options feel 100% perfect as I'm not thrilled on giving it back to a returning player without him earning it a bit and Jagielka is a meh captain. Just a piece of cloth at the end of the day.
Can't agree with that at all. Captains are important to a team.

Could have been a God but chose to be a devil...here's the armband lad, welcome back.

Coleman should be made captain. Even now whilst recovering. That'd be a touch of class. Match day captain revolves until he gets fit again.

I can't believe people still have this self projection fantasy with Rooney after 13 years.

Scouse lad, up front for Everton, number 9 (10, now), captain, winning cups...

If he is a massive leader in the dressing room then great but so was Tim Howard. Club captain is an honour earned which Coleman has. If Sandro had all the qualities of Rooney he still wouldn't be considered because he doesnt have Everton pyjamas.

Rooney is a talent we've brought in to help us progress. He isn't the beating heart of the club, back to make us relevant again. The media all think that but we shouldn't. We were always here!

I can't believe people still have this self projection fantasy with Rooney after 13 years.

Scouse lad, up front for Everton, number 9 (10, now), captain, winning cups...

If he is a massive leader in the dressing room then great but so was Tim Howard. Club captain is an honour earned which Coleman has. If Sandro had all the qualities of Rooney he still wouldn't be considered because he doesnt have Everton pyjamas.

Rooney is a talent we've brought in to help us progress. He isn't the beating heart of the club, back to make us relevant again. The media all think that but we shouldn't. We were always here!

To each his own. Coleman wouldn`t be a bad choice either.

Coleman club captain even though injured. Class from the club with class in Liverpool.

Match day captains can be whoever until he is back. Plenty to choose from. Barry, Williams, Baines, Rooney too of course.

Rooney being made club captain right after coming in to me just smacks of a lower league club signing a faded for international big name player. We're better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.