Jags and Baines set to start for England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welton Toffee

Player Valuation: £40m
England manager Fabio Capello has today confirmed that both Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka will be in his starting line up tomorrow.

England will face Ghana in a friendly at Wembley tomorrow night and Capello will make a number of changes, including bringing in Manchester City´s Gareth Barry as captain.

Speaking of the changes Capello said "Joe Hart will play in goal, we will have Gary Cahill and Phil Jagielka at centre-back and Leighton Baines will play at left-back. Barry will be the captain and Carroll will play up front."

The game will provide the Everton pair with a big opportunity to impress the England manager against tough opposition. Jagielka will be winning his eighth cap after he came on as a substitute against Wales on Saturday. Baines meanwhile will be earning just his fourth cap.

Watch them both come back injured. Hope they both play terrible so their never in the squad again.

Come on Ghana

As i said in the other thread, i don't see what bearing their performance will have on their International status anyway. They aren't going to move Cole or Terry out of those positions before the Euro's. And International friendlies serve absolutely no purpose other than to injure key players.

I'll be watching the game purely to ensure Jags and Baines finish the game unscathed and walking.

As i said in the other thread, i don't see what bearing their performance will have on their International status anyway. They aren't going to move Cole or Terry out of those positions before the Euro's. And International friendlies serve absolutely no purpose other than to injure key players.

I'll be watching the game purely to ensure Jags and Baines finish the game unscathed and walking.

be careful you don't get hit by a meteor, you seem to carrying a bit of negativity about with ya! ;)

England to me are more like an Opposition team,i couldnt care less about them but will watch it with it been a footy match,I only support one team that means anything to me and thats Everton,as ever with internationals whoever they are for i dont want my players comming back injured and i know a lot agree with me about england and internationals

Cole and Johnson were given free reign to bomb on during the Wales game, both doing a good job.

Baines everytime he's played for England rarely ventured out of his own half, of course it didn't help that Stevie G (somebody with the worst positional sense in the world, ever) was in front of him going missing.

Hopefully we'll see the Baines we all know and love tomorrow!

Oh and please don't get injured kthxbye.

I hope they perform as we all know they can. Neither of them have been at the peak of their powers in their previous England appearances. Baines especially deserves the media praise that will come from an impressive showing. Glad that he's likely to have a proper winger in front of him this time round.

Congrats to both! Hopefully they impress. End of the day, all the England haterrrzz, Jags and Baines are both English and want to play for their country so when you say you hope you dont get back in the squad you're wishing against their happiness. You racists.

Status
Not open for further replies.