2023/24 Jack Harrison

Do we defo have a release clause mate, I’ve heard conflicting reports?
He has a basic release clause of around 20M in his contract as well as the relegation loan clause.

No one else can trigger it while he is on loan with us in January but I suspect we could have & I think that has caused the confusion.

We have no specific first option or agreed price on him in his loan deal.

He has a basic release clause of around 20M in his contract as well as the relegation loan clause.

No one else can trigger it while he is on loan with us in January but I suspect we could have & I think that has caused the confusion.

We have no specific first option or agreed price on him in his loan deal.

Thanks mate. ;)

The mechanics of the clause would be interesting….sometimes if the clause is there the selling club can demand a stone cold 20 mill upfront, rather then our usual never, never.

Another loan would be interesting…..as the summer after we may have a bit of finance to play with it as opposed to the summer coming. Though we could leave ourselves in a gazumping situation.

Absolutely agree there would be some conditions on the structuring of the offer to trigger it.

And despite technically not having first refusal, it was probably a case that while he couldn’t talk to other clubs while under a loan deal with us we could have met those conditions in January if we had a pot to piss in.

IT depends if the relegation clause is multi or single year, cant see it being only 1 Year, so Leeds might again have no choice.
I have definitely read that if they don’t go straight back up, he can go on loan without a fee again.

Not sure in regard to a transfer clause though.