2023/24 Jack Harrison

Is it controversial for me to point out that the team only started to really click into gear this season after Harrison was introduced into the starting XI?
Mad that some didn't want him signed because he was injured and missed something like 4 weeks at the start of the season. I'm not as high on him as some but he clearly helps the team a lot. Tells the whole story when Danjuma is probably the most technically gifted player in the squad but can't get a minute, the likes of Harrison, McNeil, Garner, Myko and most obviously Doucoure show that the hard work comes first but if you not gonna put that in the manager has no faith.

If Leeds end up not coming back up could we get another free loan I wonder, what an insane thing for them to put in a contract. If so I wonder if we could either take advantage of that or else use it to basically give them a low ball offer to keep him permanently.

Mad that some didn't want him signed because he was injured and missed something like 4 weeks at the start of the season. I'm not as high on him as some but he clearly helps the team a lot. Tells the whole story when Danjuma is probably the most technically gifted player in the squad but can't get a minute, the likes of Harrison, McNeil, Garner, Myko and most obviously Doucoure show that the hard work comes first but if you not gonna put that in the manager has no faith.

If Leeds end up not coming back up could we get another free loan I wonder, what an insane thing for them to put in a contract. If so I wonder if we could either take advantage of that or else use it to basically give them a low ball offer to keep him permanently.
The team resembles a moyes side. Players like Harrison and McNeil aren’t world beaters but they are workman like at this level… 7 out of 10s, reliable, kilbane like.
We need a splattering of piennars and artetas and we are away next season

Where have you got that from? If that was the case it wouldn’t even be a topic for discussion.
His Leeds contract signed in 2023 always had a release clause. The figure is supposed to be around the 15-20M mark.

Whether there was anything different in our agreement with Leeds (no buy option was included) or the reporters just included we could trigger that release clause while on loan isn’t clear.

Was reported in the summer but we’re still skint so it’s obviously not something we’d automatically just do.

Jack Harrison: Everton seal season-long loan deal for Leeds United winger​

Jack Harrison to join Everton on a season-long loan without an option to buy

Clearly some conflicting reports then?

His Leeds contract signed in 2023 always had a release clause. The figure is supposed to be around the 15-20M mark.

Whether there was anything different in our agreement with Leeds (no buy option was included) or the reporters just included we could trigger that release clause while on loan isn’t clear.
I suppose it’s feasible they could trigger the release clause as Leeds did get relegated. I am guessing this would need to be in January though as if Leeds get promoted again at the end of the season I would imagine it overrides that release clause? No way we have £20 million to spend in January

The team resembles a moyes side. Players like Harrison and McNeil aren’t world beaters but they are workman like at this level… 7 out of 10s, reliable, kilbane like.
We need a splattering of piennars and artetas and we are away next season
I think you're being a bit unfair on McNeil, he's better than Kilbane. McNeil is improving so judge him the end of the season. I think Harrison's issue is he's a left footer on the right. He has to check inside a lot to cross. That's looking at the next level. First thing is get us stable. Getting out of this cycle of fighting for our lives in May is the first step. Obviously the 10 point deduction, is the reason we're still down there. How we build on this season is going to be interesting, especially with our financial issues.

Jack Harrison: Everton seal season-long loan deal for Leeds United winger​

Jack Harrison to join Everton on a season-long loan without an option to buy

Clearly some conflicting reports then?

Maybe. There was definitely something said in the summer as it was talked about on here. I’d have to look back at his transfer thread.

I think you're being a bit unfair on McNeil, he's better than Kilbane. McNeil is improving so judge him the end of the season. I think Harrison's issue is he's a left footer on the right. He has to check inside a lot to cross. That's looking at the next level. First thing is get us stable. Getting out of this cycle of fighting for our lives in May is the first step. Obviously the 10 point deduction, is the reason we're still down there. How we build on this season is going to be interesting, especially with our financial issues.
Kilbane was a good pro and we were higher up the table challenging for top four in his time. It wasn’t meant to be disrespectful.