2023/24 Jack Harrison

That amazing strike against Bournemouth (which no other player we have or have previously had, bar james, could have pulled off), alongside the determination and desire to get to the far post for the header that lead to doucs tap in to make it 3-0 was a great performance.
Against West ham he was guilty of poor decision making that lead to that weak shot, but you have to remember he's several games behind the others for game sharpness. You can only imagine that will improve.
He likes to cut inside which suits a right back to overlap, which neither young nor coleman are likely to manage, and Patterson is in that awkward stage of trying to prove he can defend instead of his natural game of bombing forwards.

Yes that was a great goal, but you're then saying that "no othet player we have had or previously had bar James" could have done that is a bit of a head scratcher?

For that goal, think about his attempts last match as you pointed out. For every good action or good game hes had some below average ones.

You make a fair point about him being behind the others. Not really interested if he cuts inside though...as he could be a superior and more effective player just getting down the line and putting in great crosses.

So far, Ive not seen a better than mid table at best level -- I wouldnt pay for that.

Im ok with others wanting him permanently, but my view is that he would be a backup player in one or two seasons time. If we continue to rebulld the squad.

People turning their noses up at Harrison, expecting us instead to afford to get Bellingham in to play for this continuous relegation threatened club, or worse to overnight become the new Brighton picking starlets out of the undergrowth.

Reality please.

People turning their noses up at Harrison, expecting us instead to afford to get Bellingham in to play for this continuous relegation threatened club, or worse to overnight become the new Brighton picking starlets out of the undergrowth.

Reality please.
Reality please, whilst talking about Bellingham, who not one single poster as ever mentioned. Reality please.

He has hardly played since coming of a bad injury.
Don't expect to see the best off him for a month or so.
I like him , works hard , gets a goal.
Think he will do well

Hes brave to, he doesnt have the fear most of our players do once they get within a phase of goalscoring, he will take things and try things - we need that in spades.

Even when the game isn't going for him like at times on Sunday, he turns up in one moment with an assist.

Been a big fan of Jack for a long time, wanted him here after his first Leeds loan, very underrated and like you say will improve as he gets fitter, integrates and finds his rhythm.

To be fair in 22/23 Iwobi got 2 goals, 8 assists and created 64 chances (12th highest in the league).

Ok, for 2.5 seasons he was bad, but for his final 18 months he was decent for us. He also had a good work rate which is positive for a creative player.

I like what I’ve seen from Harrison so far though and hope he continues to impress.

Iwobi wasn’t the problem last season in my opinion.

Iwobi has never been decent for us , he’s also crap at Fulham …

He ran around a lot after not even bothering to do that for the first 2 years he was here. 22m for him is the biggest Robbery in football since arsenal robbed us for 34m for him

Iwobi has never been decent for us , he’s also crap at Fulham …

He ran around a lot after not even bothering to do that for the first 2 years he was here. 22m for him is the biggest Robbery in football since arsenal robbed us for 34m for him
The statistics go against your argument for last season. He was decent in 22/33.

2 goals and 8 assists is ok for a PL midfielder. And as you correctly state his work rate was good.

Plus the fact that only 11 players in the whole league created more chances than him.

He was bad for the first 2.5 seasons. I agree with you. But after that he was ok.

No idea how he’s playing for Fulham. Not my concern.

The statistics go against your argument for last season. He was decent in 22/33.

2 goals and 8 assists is ok for a PL midfielder. And as you correctly state his work rate was good.

Plus the fact that only 11 players in the whole league created more chances than him.

He was bad for the first 2.5 seasons. I agree with you. But after that he was ok.

No idea how he’s playing for Fulham. Not my concern.

Stats are not the way to decide if he’s good or not .. your eyes are .

We had the second highest or highest XG and we were near the biotin of the league and everyone wanting dyche to be sacked .

Just like pass completion stats etc … I would have 100% if I just kicked it back to the keeper every time.

Iwobi never created good chances , couldn’t cross a ball, couldn’t shoot, couldn’t beat a man , could take free kicks and lost possession easily .. he’s not and never has been a decent player

Stats are not the way to decide if he’s good or not .. your eyes are .

We had the second highest or highest XG and we were near the biotin of the league and everyone wanting dyche to be sacked .

Just like pass completion stats etc … I would have 100% if I just kicked it back to the keeper every time.

Iwobi never created good chances , couldn’t cross a ball, couldn’t shoot, couldn’t beat a man , could take free kicks and lost possession easily .. he’s not and never has been a decent player
According to premier league stats in 22/23 he created 8 „big“ chances. Joint 31st highest in the league.

Only Dwight McNeil (11) created more big chances for us last season.

For 21/22 Richarlison was our highest big chance creator with 7.

8 May not seem like a lot but to put it in perspective last season only 4 players in the whole league created more than 20.

B.Fernandes of united was the highest with 32.

To give us a bit of hope for the future though Onana and Garner both already have 4 this season. Impressive!

In response to „stats are not the way to decide if he’s good or not, your eyes are“ point. I will Paraphrase the late Alec Guinness by saying: your eyes can deceive you, don’t trust them. Look at the statistics!

Did lots of running but his final ball was really poor yesterday. Maybe just a bit leggy.
He looked leggy on sunday too but the manager trusts him defensively in the system hence he played again. Good footballer . Still alot to cone from him going forward. Doing well considering hes only back from injury n thrown in. A big positive for me with Mcneil on other side