2023/24 Jack Harrison

100% coming back. Honestly great for us, not a great player by any means but if he's genuinely free like last year then he's vital to the squad. McNeil and Dobbin are the only wingers we have at the club. Hopefully be sorted asap just to get him ready during pre-season, he seemed very happy here.

Problem is if he's coming back he's going to play as much as last year. So going to be the same problem of a chronic lack of pace out wide. Also the next CF might not be as good as holding it up as DCL can do.

Going to be relying even more on set pieces I feel unless some actual pace is injected out wide at some stage in this window.

Problem is if he's coming back he's going to play as much as last year. So going to be the same problem of a chronic lack of pace out wide. Also the next CF might not be as good as holding it up as DCL can do.

Going to be relying even more on set pieces I feel unless some actual pace is injected out wide at some stage in this window.
All depends on how the window goes I'd say to be honest. I think everyone can see McNeil is probably our best suited Doucoure replacement at the minute, if we could get Harrison and another winger, if not 2, then I'd say we'd see it work out like that but I'd doubt it. Think the idea this summer will be just solidifying what we have by putting depth behind it, more so than going out and finding new starters (which I do think we need on the wings).

Do you think Kev will let them have the bank holiday to get over the loss or just smash a fax over now.

He's been waiting at the fax all day ha.

With him saying he'll speak to Leeds after this game, I suspect he has a call arranged.

Also, hopefully he has something to offer for one or two of their players (depending if DCL and perhaps one or two others are out the door).

I'd try to offer them discounted squad players + any cash because they will need to send a team out next season.

All depends on how the window goes I'd say to be honest. I think everyone can see McNeil is probably our best suited Doucoure replacement at the minute, if we could get Harrison and another winger, if not 2, then I'd say we'd see it work out like that but I'd doubt it. Think the idea this summer will be just solidifying what we have by putting depth behind it, more so than going out and finding new starters (which I do think we need on the wings).
Jack Clarke at Sunderland could be a good shout for LW if McNeil went more central. Just can’t see Dyche moving McNeil across.