It Was Crap While It Lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we lasted 3 years . Tried to do it on the cheap,and failed miserably.Its been entertaining coming on this forum . If the unthinkable happens ,and Everton are relegated your world doesn't end. The Championship is a great league,I think it gets the 4th highest attendances in the world . Personally as I.started watching Leeds in the mid 70s I think football has sold its soul to the money gods. Grounds are better,atmospheres are terrible at most grounds,and its now a one horse race. Rant over .MOT

I noticed your spending for the last 3 seasons was around 50m, 100m, 95m. I know you recouped 100m from sales of Phillips and Raphina, but I definitely wouldn't say you tried to do it on the cheap. I think it's more of a case (just like us in fact) that you've spent big money on absolute tosh.

In comparison ours is

2022/23
73m spent
105m sold

2021/22
39m spent
43m sold

2020/21
73m spent
4m sold

And all we've got for such poor recruitment is a mishmash squad lacking balance and quality in nearly every single department

Edit - prices are in Euros as its from transfer market but it gives you a sense of crap recruitment and overpaying on crap like we have

Last edited:
Well we lasted 3 years . Tried to do it on the cheap,and failed miserably.Its been entertaining coming on this forum . If the unthinkable happens ,and Everton are relegated your world doesn't end. The Championship is a great league,I think it gets the 4th highest attendances in the world . Personally as I.started watching Leeds in the mid 70s I think football has sold its soul to the money gods. Grounds are better,atmospheres are terrible at most grounds,and its now a one horse race. Rant over .MOT

This could be the last Tuesday Everton FC are in the Premier League.

Do you have a relative who posts on here mate ?

I noticed your spending for the last 3 seasons was around 50m, 100m, 95m. I know you recouped 100m from sales of Phillips and Raphina, but I definitely wouldn't say you tried to do it on the cheap. I think it's more of a case (just like us in fact) that you've spent big money on absolute tosh.
Raphinha probably Ortas best moment,made money on him. Loads have been garbage,injured,uninterested,3 managers this season hasn't helped. For what it's worth we have conceded 150 goals in two seasons worst in Europe should have built a defence around Ben White paid the 50 million when promoted.His Ist touch in the Championship v Stoke was unbelievable, not seen a centre half like it since Woodgate.

Do you have any strong thoughts on Everton fans please mate.
Horrible in the 70s. Park End was unsegregated and we only bought 1000. Used to escape and make my way to Everton supporters club down the road. They were brilliant in there,all couldn't believe we were daft enough to come. Went to BayernMunich game sat in Upper tier of Park End with my mum and 2 other Leeds mates atmosphere game,and you beating cheating Germans was up.there. Came up from Nottingham with an Everton fan last season when you beat us 3 nil,never seen him.smile so much. He did qualify it and said both teams are crap

Horrible in the 70s. Park End was unsegregated and we only bought 1000. Used to escape and make my way to Everton supporters club down the road. They were brilliant in there,all couldn't believe we were daft enough to come. Went to BayernMunich game sat in Upper tier of Park End with my mum and 2 other Leeds mates atmosphere game,and you beating cheating Germans was up.there. Came up from Nottingham with an Everton fan last season when you beat us 3 nil,never seen him.smile so much. He did qualify it and said both teams are crap
Thanks man. All the best for last game of the season.

In comparison ours is

2022/23
73m spent
105m sold

2021/22
39m spent
43m sold

2020/21
73m spent
4m sold

And all we've got for such poor recruitment is a mishmash squad lacking balance and quality in nearly every single department

Edit - prices are in Euros as its from transfer market but it gives you a sense of crap recruitment and overpaying on crap like we have
I think it shows the scouting systems at top level football need to be on a par with Brighton and Brentford. Scientific and researched to the hilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.