Homepage Article It’s our fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I've been on a football forum but am a member of several non-football forums for a number of years. One thing that I've learnt over the years is that most people aren't very good at making decisions. It may sound comical to you but then you don't know me well enough.
I have read the toing and froing on this topic and it seems you are not to be moved ,that I can admire but it doesn't mean I agree .I think we have both ends of the stick and no one wants to move so give it up as a bad job .
I have not been one for sacking managers as far back as the leaflets for Howard ,I don't feel I know enough to make that decision normally.But there are certain facts that are indisputable .One that we are in the bottom three and that should have an effect on the players -hopefully good .Two we have a manager that will not change his ways ,this is proven every week .Three he has " his team" and other than injuries he will not change them .
For me that is a combination for a very dismal future as a blue and for that I want him gone .
The first manager I have ever gone this far .
Saying that we must have a replacement lined up and contrary to other opinions I feel we could get a top name .If they want to try the Prem then they will see the ambition in the club by the way we move the bad ones on .

Agreed with parts of that but there were some things I didn't think were fair. For example, criticising the "who do we get in then" line. I think that's a valid question. The names i've seen being thrown around all have risks and the potential to set us back, just like this Silva appointment.

I also think some of our fans delude themselves in to thinking that our achievements as a club over our history should influence how we act now. We are well below our natural status in the game when taking in to account the whole of football history, and there is nothing wrong with wanting us to put that right, but managerial suggestions have to be realistic and ambitious and not just flat out delusional. Top managers in the game don't care that we've played the most games in the top flight and won league titles in the 60's and 80's.

Last edited:

Some of the stats quoted by some of the knee jerkers have been interpreted in such a way to affirm their own biases. I'm very comfortable in using stats so I know when someone is talking nonsense.

Personally, I wouldn't go on what the majority say on here. Most people aren't good at making decisions and so they try to play it safe by going for what the majority say.

Poppycock Young man.

You don’t need a myriad of stats to form an opinion but I’d be interested to advise on the nonsense.

To never have come back to win a game, be in the bottom 3 after a promising run of fixtures and to have form for circling the drain after last seasons anfield defeat are not dressed up stats, they are a damming indictment of a failing coach.

Poppycock Young man.

You don’t need a myriad of stats to form an opinion but I’d be interested to advise on the nonsense.

To never have come back to win a game, be in the bottom 3 after a promising run of fixtures and to have form for circling the drain after last seasons anfield defeat are not dressed up stats, they are a damming indictment of a failing coach.

I remember the days of when fans wanted Howard Kendall sacked and the noise was far deafening than that of Silva's.

It must be remembered we are a club in transition and the first goal is to build a squad. We have a long way to go due to the amount of dross we have collected since Martinez was sacked.

I am not too concerned with short term results but place a huge emphasis on being successful for the future. We can only achieve that if our squad is strong enough which it isn't.

The Brands/Silva haven't bought badly and that is their main strength if we are to progress for the future. I want Everton in the Champions League and I couldn't care less if we finish six place every season. If some of our knee jerk fans want Everton to be a sacking club based on primitive instincts then I fear the club will never achieve its ambitions of the future.

It's defo our fault,
Its defo out fault...
We've turned into Geordies
It's defo our fault

BAWK has taken over.
Somebody pray for us...

No doubt we are in a tricky position but it is the easiest thing in the world as supporters to come on forums and bleat about the manager not being good enough.
Before Fireman Sam we had Koeman who just picked up his wages and Martinez who looked for one season like the messiah but pretty soon stopped performing Miracles.
So you say Silva must go in a very forthright and erudite way then you must have a solution.
Because surely a ship without a Captain is even worse than one who may not be very good at it.
I say may not because when we stuffed Chelsea Arsenal and Man U at the back end of last season and finished with a game we deserved to win at Spurs he was looking pretty good to me.
Criticism without an alternative what the hell is that ?
Bang on. All we see - ONLY from the Silva out/chronic whingers - is complain complain complain. Not one single ounce of thought and clearly no thought-out solutions. Anyone who clamours for Moyes doesn't seem to have watched football in roughly 10 years.

I am not a Silva out guy, nor am I giving him a pass. I don't think our players have taken any of the blame, when surely there's a lot to go around. I think Silva's stubbornness to adjust our starting side, formation, tactics is very much a problem. But Silva isn't signing players. Silva didn't let Gana go, and Silva didn't injure his already paper-thin midfield.

You can rattle on and on and on about motivating blah blah blah but these are multimillionaire athletes who can't even seem to adequately perform the simplest of basic football tasks. Explain to me how scrapping our 5th manager in 6 years will help?

You want him gone, that's fine. He hasn't shown that he deserves to stay. But do it at the end of the season. Yet one more sacking mid-season only continues the decline. Stop talking about relegation. There are 90 points left to earn. Either trust in the process or don't, but demanding a kneejerk response is juvenile at best. City took 3-4 years to right their ship and that was less then 10 years ago. Very short memories, you lot.

I remember the days of when fans wanted Howard Kendall sacked and the noise was far deafening than that of Silva's.

It must be remembered we are a club in transition and the first goal is to build a squad. We have a long way to go due to the amount of dross we have collected since Martinez was sacked.

I am not too concerned with short term results but place a huge emphasis on being successful for the future. We can only achieve that if our squad is strong enough which it isn't.

The Brands/Silva haven't bought badly and that is their main strength if we are to progress for the future. I want Everton in the Champions League and I couldn't care less if we finish six place every season. If some of our knee jerk fans want Everton to be a sacking club based on primitive instincts then I fear the club will never achieve its ambitions of the future.
Very very well said. There doesn't seem to be many who can look further than Halloween let alone as far into the future as 2020.

That's the very definition of kneejerk. 4 poor games in the Fall of 2019 vs what the club is trying to build for the next 5 years and beyond.

4 defeats on the bounce isnt knee jerk, its a major, major concern.

Im not somebody who panics or who calls for the managers head for no reason.

I havent even said we should sack him, but 4 defeats for any team should send alarm bells, I think people who want him sacked are justified in their concerns.

I mean how defeats do you think is acceptable?

I havent even said we should sack him, but 4 defeats for any team should send alarm bells, I think people who want him sacked are justified in their concerns.

You have to look through the underlying factors under a streak of loses. No one can say Silva's team was comprehensively outplayed during these defeats. You will also have to look at the different factors such as injuries, time for a defensive partnership to gel, strikers requiring more experience, etc.

To sack a manager on the basis of losing four games on the trot is rather simplistic.

I don't think any defeats are acceptable! But I'm not going to isolate 4 games over the next 5 years. I do not think Silva is without fault, far from it, but we still have yet to field a healthy midfield and truth be told have no other options in the defense our midfield right now. Now if he continues to insist on the same XI, in the same formation, deploying the same tactics, I'm with you. It's not acceptable.

Start with dropping Gylfi that turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.