Transfer Rumour ISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
he'd get rings ran round him by 99% of the players in the league of course him looking chunky is a concern why are you acting like people are just trying to be funny, It's one of the most intense leagues in the world

99% really?
I’m not saying he’s the answer, but come on mate, he’s won awards for his footballing ability, he’s won champions leagues, he’s 28.

But people are focussing in the fact he’s not wanted by Madrid, who also didn’t want Bale or James.

Is he fat? Or is it a bad angle? Just weird that we’re now picky that we can’t take a top talent like Isco cause he’s “big”.

99% really?
I’m not saying he’s the answer, but come on mate, he’s won awards for his footballing ability, he’s won champions leagues, he’s 28.

But people are focussing in the fact he’s not wanted by Madrid, who also didn’t want Bale or James.

Is he fat? Or is it a bad angle? Just weird that we’re now picky that we can’t take a top talent like Isco cause he’s “big”.
he's definitely put on weight it's plain to see just by googling his name, its not being picky though really is it, La Liga is a different ball game to the Premiership you don't get much time on the ball before someone is snapping at your ankles.
would I take him? yes
would I take him when he looks bloated? no
I don't even know how good he is anymore but I think the whole world knew he was a very talented player who probably didn't live up to the super high standards of Madrid but can still play footy

Guess that's that, then?

Carlo Ancelotti Responds to Isco Rumours​

Carlo Ancelotti has played down rumours linking Everton with Real Madrid playmaker Isco.

Reports in Spain suggested Ancelotti was plotting a £20m move in January but the manager has described them as ‘bull****’.

Speaking to DIRECTV SportCo - and translated by Sport Witness - the Italian said: “It is not true that I am behind Isco.

“We haven’t started thinking about the team for the January market.”

Ancelotti laughed on the rumours from Spain: “Those comments are, as they say here, bull**** .”

Isco of Real Madrid looks on

Guess that's that, then?

Carlo Ancelotti Responds to Isco Rumours​

Carlo Ancelotti has played down rumours linking Everton with Real Madrid playmaker Isco.

Reports in Spain suggested Ancelotti was plotting a £20m move in January but the manager has described them as ‘bull****’.

Speaking to DIRECTV SportCo - and translated by Sport Witness - the Italian said: “It is not true that I am behind Isco.

“We haven’t started thinking about the team for the January market.”

Ancelotti laughed on the rumours from Spain: “Those comments are, as they say here, bull**** .”

Isco of Real Madrid looks on

The only thing that would worry me is carlo saying - “We haven’t started thinking about the team for the January market.”

i hope your thinking about the team in the summer.. nevermind jan

I get what you're saying but he's only 28, not 35. We're highly unlikely to get a 23 year old who's the next Isco; at that age Isco himself had already been bought by Real, won the Golden Boy award, got a dozen caps for Spain etc, so it would cost a hell of a lot more to buy a 23 year old version of him than they're talking about for the 28 year old version. Looking for the 22/23 year old option is what we should do with players like Doucoure in my opinion. He's not a star, he's just a decent all round midfielder. There are undoubtedly younger players out there who you could get for cheaper who would do just as good a job as him (and others, I use him as an example of an 'Ancelotti' signing), but i'm not sure that's the case with real star quality.
There is no doubt that the signing of Isco would raise our profile even higher, but are we ready to capitalise on this new elevated status ?

I don't know who the next Isco is, but he is out there somewhere and somebody will sign him... we need to make a couple of those signings if in the longer term we hope to be a top four club as we can't continue to keep signing players like JR and Isco.

I understand very well that CA wants to move the project forward quicker and you need quality to make this happen, but it isn't a long term strategy.

There is no doubt that the signing of Isco would raise our profile even higher, but are we ready to capitalise on this new elevated status ?

I don't know who the next Isco is, but he is out there somewhere and somebody will sign him... we need to make a couple of those signings if in the longer term we hope to be a top four club as we can't continue to keep signing players like JR and Isco.

I understand very well that CA wants to move the project forward quicker and you need quality to make this happen, but it isn't a long term strategy.

Ancelotti can build the team he wants for now, a team that can win games with the right attitude and approach. That then sets out the blueprint for future teams and our purchasing strategy and is up for Brands to fulfil that.

We are not in a position where we have the luxury of only buying players to nurture, we have to get to a quality level to start competing while giving younger players the space to develop and a clear level of where they need to be at. It would be quite a quite a draw for a younger, sought after midfielder, who isn't yet first team ready, to be learning off the likes of James and Isco.

The whole idea of a Director of Football is to ensure there is a consistency through a club, from 1st team backwards. Ancelotti has clearly been asked to set the idea/methods based upon his experience, its up to Brands to make sure that is backed up throughout.

I agree with you to a point. I've been saying in another thread, you can't go out and sign a load of 28/29 year olds and then say it's going to take time for things to come good. If it's going to take time to come good then you just sign younger players, it's basics. So I agree that if we were to add Isco to the likes of James, Allan and Doucoure, there has to be a significant and speedy improvement, otherwise it's just a massive waste of money.

As I said though, I don't think it's necessarily a bad strategy in the long run if you do get those short term gains. You can't only buy older players, but again, i'd happily say bring in older players with star quality if you can surround them with younger players in the less glamorous roles. It's not like we have an ageing squad in general, and we have brought in players with a view to the long term too. I didn't mean star quality as in famous, I meant in terms of matchwinners. Buying 21/22 year olds who are ready to come into the PL and win you matches straight away is going to be very expensive, so if it works, buying the likes of Isco and James could be a good way to start us on the path where it's a lot easier for us to attract those types. It's obviously all hinging on that if though.

The only thing that would worry me is carlo saying - “We haven’t started thinking about the team for the January market.”

i hope your thinking about the team in the summer.. nevermind jan
He repeatedly told us he was happy with our midfield and hadn’t looked at transfers after the re-start last season then went and bought Allan, Doucoure and James... of course he’s looking at reinforcements, and may well be looking at Isco, but he’ll give nothing away until they’re spotted having dinner in that hotel!

99% really?

I know what to say how the next time someone calls me a fat #****** Barney, " your just looking at me at the wrong angle mate". lol

That statement is quite telling.
Is it though?

You do often hear managers saying stuff like 'the transfer window isn't my immediate concern' etc. even right up to when said window is due to open.

The priority as a manager is to always be focused on the next football match and not a transfer window, at least when it's in the middle of a season like the winter window is.

As @UptheTofees says.. it's still November and the winter window isn't opening for another 7ish weeks yet, so obviously the official line is that he isn't focused on it or any players we may or may not have been linked with in the media. Obviously though that's not stopping the likes of Brands and his staff keeping tabs on targets that have probably already been long identified behind the scenes with the manager himself..

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.