Transfer Rumour ISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah purely on my own picks if everyone was fit and tbh those 2 could be swapped into the second 11 easily. I just prefer both Bernard and Gordon to Iwobi and Gomes when he's on form over Sigurdsson, but on this season's form Sigurdsson would possible be ahead of Gomes. Isco would walk into that 10 role though. Holgate could also be first 11 too, but Keane is having a blinder of a season and we've yet to see Godfrey at CB but he looks like he could be a beast.

Fair. I think Holgate on top form will be hard to drop, but Godfrey is an interesting prospect. Agree Keane has really cemented his place.

I'd actually stick with a 433

As much as we love Allan and Doucoure, they need help, especially getting the ball forward. 433 with Isco replacing Gomes. He would be their go to guy to bail them out when teams press and beat the press with a pass or by holding the ball with his technique.

4231 with both James and Isco is asking for trouble as neither possesses speed or workrate to come help Allan and Doucoure.
How do you see the 433 with Allan, doucoure and Isco being different from the 4231 with Allan, Doucoure and Isco?

Where did this link even originate from?

Would be a good signing provided he wouldn't be on astronomical wages like.

Zidane told him he's got no future at Madrid mate. Madrid said that they are willing to loan him out in January with a view to selling him for £18m at the end of the season. One of the rags (The Mirror) said that Isco was open to a move to us to link up again with Ancelotti and James. Madrid have said that wherever he ends up on loan that club would have to pay his full £120k a week wages.

Juventus are also supposedly sniffing round him with Madrid willing to offer Isco and Vinicius as part of a deal to get Dybala.

Last edited:
How do you see the 433 with Allan, doucoure and Isco being different from the 4231 with Allan, Doucoure and Isco?

Isco needs to closer to the midfield instead of further up the pitch. He and James are both slow and not necessarily work horses. We would be leaving Allan and Doucoure stranded in the midfield.

Also, Isco is just not that good as a number 10 anymore. He holds on for the ball way too long and his assist and goal ratios are not that great for someone of his caliber because he just seems to lack the final product. If we want to play 4231 we would be better off getting a real winger that defends like Richy and play James as a 10.

I think at this stage of his career, he could be a great fit in that 433 line in the role Gomes has been playing. He is a superior dribbler and still a better passer. I think he would help us tremendously against pressing teams and just improve the overall quality of the team.

I posted a link the other day, but it was just Rivaldo said he advised Isco to move to the prem like Rodriguez has to get his career back on track, saying how James is looking good for the move to Everton, I think the Everton link only came about because Isco played with James and was managed by Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.