Isaac Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope you're right and he forges a PL career here at Everton but I won't hold my breath on that one.

He was training with the first team toward the end of last season so Dyche must see something.

He was training with the first team toward the end of last season so Dyche must see something.

Yeh because we had no other fit midfielders. A raft of young players have trained under Dyche. Last two games of the season he was the only midfielder available to be put on the bench.

Yeh because we had no other fit midfielders. A raft of young players have trained under Dyche. Last two games of the season he was the only midfielder available to be put on the bench.
...except Isaac Price.

Because he was leaving??? Why stick a leaving player on the bench.
How do you know the timing of his decision? It was announced today. Maybe MacAllister being better thought of persuaded him he had no future at the club.

How do you know the timing of his decision? It was announced today. Maybe MacAllister being better thought of persuaded him he had no future at the club.

Because the news he was likely leaving surfaced in March, and the Liege links became strong in April, hence no one was shocked when he left today. He was not going on the bench in the end of May for 2 games - he'd even started getting phased out in the U21 team to Metcalfe.

Just read back in this very thread for dates. Keep up with the youth sides, they're fun, you'll know more then.

Because the news he was likely leaving surfaced in March, and the Liege links became strong in April, hence no one was shocked when he left today. He was not going on the bench in the end of May for 2 games - he'd even started getting phased out in the U21 team to Metcalfe.

Just read back in this very thread for dates. Keep up with the youth sides, they're fun, you'll know more then.

That still leaves room for the explanation that he decided to leave because of MacAllister's emergence.

MacAllister's 19 and in the manager's thoughts. I just wonder why you dismiss him. It seems strange to me.

From performances for the U21s I think Price is currently better than McAllister and would have been picked ahead of him on the bench had it not been for Price wanting to leave in the summer.

McAllister looks ok though, too early to write off I think but time will tell

That still leaves room for the explanation that he decided to leave because of MacAllister's emergence.

MacAllister's 19 and in the manager's thoughts. I just wonder why you dismiss him. It seems strange to me.

Don't think he's dismissing him all tbh Dave, I think if I said Macallister is a solid yet unspectacular player that would probably me being overly praiseworthy.

I'd be very surprised if he made the grade at Everton. Was well thought of back at his old club but I haven't seen anything to suggest we've got a 1st team player waiting in the wings.

Don't think he's dismissing him all tbh Dave, I think if I said Macallister is a solid yet unspectacular player that would probably me being overly praiseworthy.

I'd be very surprised if he made the grade at Everton. Was well thought of back at his old club but I haven't seen anything to suggest we've got a 1st team player waiting in the wings.
Well he's recently signed an extension and he's been in with the first team at FF and on the bench, so someone at the club sees something.

Because he was leaving??? Why stick a leaving player on the bench.
I would hazard a guess it it influences any tribunal setting a valuation on his development fee.
Bit like when Carlo played Small a couple of seasons back.
In or around the first team squad must demonstrate greater value than sitting in the U21s.

Status
Not open for further replies.