Is this the greatest Everton XI ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
southall colman labone radcliffe wilson kanchelskis ball kaye sheedy linacre dean 442 unbeatable
I'd agree with most of that ( spelling aside😆) but personally would put Shaggy Stevens ahead of Seamus.And I never saw Tommy Wright who won the league and went to a world Cup finals.

And might go Bob ahead of Lineker, as his one season has awful connotations

Kanchelskis was out of this world, I wasn't even upset when he left as it felt wrong he wore our jersey in the first place at the time, just a bit of a dream really, incredible player. Limited time with us so unsure if he makes the "greatest ever team" but the rules of picking such a side usually lie with the picker and change from person to person and so is therefore impossible to do.

I didn't even think of Lineker. Given how that season played out it's so easy to forget he banged 40 goals. What a striker he was.
He was some slotter that lad.
Another before my time Fred Pickering had a amazing record that gets overlooked for games played
I remember asking my mates dad who had followed us for years who he thought was are all time greatest player. Loved Dean , said Lawton was some player but loved TG Jones .
Must have been great watching them

Status
Not open for further replies.