Is Rooney our new striker?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almost certainly but Sandro will probably start on the wing but play almost as a 2nd striker.

How long it lasts is down to Rooney. Jose was a huge fan of Rooney and saw him as a starter when he took over. Within a couple of months he could barely make the bench.

Personally I would love to see Rooney roll back the years but I doubt he will be able to.

Almost certainly but Sandro will probably start on the wing but play almost as a 2nd striker.

How long it lasts is down to Rooney. Jose was a huge fan of Rooney and saw him as a starter when he took over. Within a couple of months he could barely make the bench.

Personally I would love to see Rooney roll back the years but I doubt he will be able to.
news report saying he's shed 7kg

If our squad stays the same I would start him as middle of front 3 with Mirallas and Sandro either side. Then I would expect him to drop off a little to drag their defenders out. Hopefully we will sign a proper number 9 before season starts and Rooney will play number 10 role.

It seems as though Jose is prepared to let Anthony Martial leave Utd. A loan with an option to buy could be a good solution. He's quick, tricky and young. Our quarterbacks could feed him enough ammunition to score plenty of goals and maybe become a favourite

Status
Not open for further replies.