Is Moyes coaching the creativity out of Mirallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen him the past few games?? He doesn't take people on as much playing there anymore. He was a goal machine playing striker at olympiacos.

Probably because he's had about 200 minutes of football in the last god knows how many months. He isn't as fit as he was so is lacking a yard of his usual pace. He'll start doing it again soon.

Thing is though, that one may actually be sort of true.

I actually think that it relates to the 4-5-1 (or variant of) formation we play. See, most strikers we buy have a decent first seaon or purple patch (see Beattie for the latter) goals wise. But then defenders wise up to i) how the striker plays generally ii) how they play in our system. We have little variation. Last season Jelavic was an unkown quantity. Now teams know how to counter his threat. He has no support either, so there is little variation in our forward play. Note how all of our strikers have ended up wandering out to the left wing? Argaubly to do with the space that is out there, maybe created by how Baines and Pienaar play / the team relies on the left hand side for creativity?

Last edited:
i think that any player in the epl needs to be as fit as the top athletees in world sport. here in us they are trained from an early age to run as hard and as fast as possible they need to be able to do the 100 meter sprint in 10.5 seconds

hyperventilates*

It's true! You're back man. Best ever poster on here by a mile. Did you get my PM?

ADD ME ON TWITTER!

I'm so excited. Have you seen Ronaldinho these days? He's so gay. TRINDON HOLLIDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.