Is Moyes coaching the creativity out of Mirallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that any player in the epl needs to be as fit as the top athletees in world sport. here in us they are trained from an early age to run as hard and as fast as possible they need to be able to do the 100 meter sprint in 10.5 seconds

Great shout on that Trindon Halliday mate. He would have been a great soccerballer for the Everton Eagles.

He better not be, he has special talent, trust Moyes to [Poor language removed] it up and make him a different player. He'll make him more of a team player, he did it to Pienaar and Arteta, make them team players.

i think that any player in the epl needs to be as fit as the top athletees in world sport. here in us they are trained from an early age to run as hard and as fast as possible they need to be able to do the 100 meter sprint in 10.5 seconds

*spits tea out

I agree. Didnt read it but I agree.

it perplexes me why he's not given chance up front. Think he could work there honestly.

at this point tho I think he's very tentative with his game because of all the injuries. I think when he feels over them he'll be back to his tricky self.

They are. The ones that aren't are found out before long. Football requires a hell of a lot more than straight line sprinting speed. Also why you guys train people for a 100m sprint is beyond me. It's rare that any footballer will top line sprint a distance of 30m+.

If you want sprinters train for sprinting. If you want footballers train for football.

His best position is undoubtably left midfield. When he cuts in from there he is dangerous.

He seems to have lost a bit of spark as of late but was probably the only one against United who looked to run at them.

Early season kev an unknown quantity to oppo, fully fit, fresh team benefitting from the slightly different per season , when in possession has in form Coleman, pienaar, Osman, Fellaini etc providing options when on ball.
Last couple of games, jaded team mates, Neville behind him, feeling his way back from injury that can re occur in an instant, opponents doubling up on him whenever he gets ball, in frenetic cup game with lots of hoof ball.
He ll be fine. We just need to dig in and play our way out of this mini slump. Tighten up at back, keep believing in jelavic things will come good again! I hope!!!

I know its probably wrong, but i can't help but think that Moyes is coaching the skill out of Mirallas.
His first game against Leyton Orient I went to, he was class. I know it was only a struggling league 1 team but this leads onto my next point.
When he played against Oldham (in a similar position to Leyton Orient) he would just get the ball and run to the wing and cross it in, against oldham? He's not that kind of player.
But I don't think this is abnormal of him as of late, he doesn't cut inside or much, the flicks of skills and technique shown against Leyton Orient and Liverpool aren't there anymore, he almost never cuts inside anymore at all.
I don't know whether this has something to do with his injury but it seems very odd for his style to change so suddenly.
I also dont think he's playing in the right position, i know he's right footed but didn't he get 20+ goals in one season for Olympiakos playing on the left wing? Play him there a bit more, or even MAYBE behind the striker but only maybe.
Baffled me.

I think it's the injury mate. He can't play full on without knackering his hamstring. Massive shame.

I think Moyes is quite happy to let him play how he wants, no doubt with some instructions on position etc.

To suggest Moyes is coaching creativity out of players is rather bizarre.

I think it's the injury mate. He can't play full on without knackering his hamstring. Massive shame.

I think Moyes is quite happy to let him play how he wants, no doubt with some instructions on position etc.

To suggest Moyes is coaching creativity out of players is rather bizarre.

Is this true ?

I know its probably wrong, but i can't help but think that Moyes is coaching the skill out of Mirallas.
His first game against Leyton Orient I went to, he was class. I know it was only a struggling league 1 team but this leads onto my next point.
When he played against Oldham (in a similar position to Leyton Orient) he would just get the ball and run to the wing and cross it in, against oldham? He's not that kind of player.
But I don't think this is abnormal of him as of late, he doesn't cut inside or much, the flicks of skills and technique shown against Leyton Orient and Liverpool aren't there anymore, he almost never cuts inside anymore at all.
I don't know whether this has something to do with his injury but it seems very odd for his style to change so suddenly.
I also dont think he's playing in the right position, i know he's right footed but didn't he get 20+ goals in one season for Olympiakos playing on the left wing? Play him there a bit more, or even MAYBE behind the striker but only maybe.
Baffled me.

No, I just think Mirallas came back from a bad injury and it's going to take time for him to get back to his best. Plus it's his first season in this league.

last few games ive noticed he doesnt look as quick as he did pre injury, maybe he is worried of pulling his hamstring so going easy for a few weeks until he thinks he's fully recovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.