Votes: 418 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 18.7%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 47 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a lot saying it's not sell to buy, but then saying F sell on value.

You can't have both...

I prefer to judge it by what I am seeing happen before my eyes. That being, players who want to leave are leaving, new players are being brought in to strengthen the first XI, regardless of their age or sell on value, which only seems to be an issue for a few people on t'internet.

Pretty sure that's exactly what we are doing though. It's pretty normal.

Why do you hate Everton mate?

First of all I don't hate Everton.

I haven't got a problem if we follow a strategy, accept it and move on.

Just concerned when we don't have any £50 Million players to move on where do we raise transfer funds from sat next summer.

Genuine question, just wanted to hear opinions.

Just concerned when we don't have any £50 Million players to move on where do we raise transfer funds from sat next summer.

Did you ever think Stones would go for 50m originally? the answer is clearly no.

Did you really ever think until fees went mental, that Lukaku would go for 90m? No again.

What's to say Holgate, Davies, Keane, Pickford, Lookman, DCL, Klaassen aren't going to be 50m players within a coupe of years?

Apart from that, we aren't selling to buy, don't fall into that silly trap. We still have a positive NET spend under Mosh - FACT! So why paint it otherwise?

Sandro Klassen and Keane will be worth 50 m next summer
FFS they will prove to. be worth that before this window closes

Let's look at it a different way...

Moshiri is a billionaire accountant who has worked closely with one of the wealthiest men on the planet for a number of years now. I don't think it's too far fetched to suggest that to get to that stage in your life you have to have a fair idea of how to run a successful company in both a business and financial sense.

He took that knowledge and got involved with the set up of Arsenal, who are a very well run club from a business sense, so he's seen first hand how to do it. You could argue that from a footballing point of view they're not as successful as they should be - which is something moshiri has spoken out about in the past.

Ok, so he's a successful business man who's been involved with a successful football club. So what?

He's brought all of that knowhow to Everton. We have an owner who is looking at things from a business prospective now, it's not about how much money you spend, it's about spending it wisely to increase turnover, in turn increasing our spending power.

How has he done this?

He's paid 10s of millions of his own money to clear a long standing debt. Yes it will be paid back to him, but it's likely to be tagged onto the price tag of our next buyer. What this has done has eliminated the the however millions of pounds per year interest payments, allowing it to be spent elsewhere.

He's got in new and improved sponsors, both for the shirt and for our training ground (first club to do this if I'm not mistaken?) and will no doubt bin the kitbag deal as soon as possible. All of this increases our financial power.

What's this got to do with investing in the team? The answer is @bizzaro s favourite subject - financial fair play.

You can't go and spend as much as you want in fees and as much as you want in wages anymore - it all has to be in line with your turnover (although off the top of my head I can't tell you exactly what).

Ok, we've sold players. Some we didn't want, some didn't want to be here. But they've all been replaced and then some (apart from Lukaku so far) with our wage bill no doubt being considerably higher now than it was 2 months ago. That would not have been possible if not for what moshiri has done as posted above.

And that is my point. Moshiri has invested in the club, which allows the club to self sufficiently invest in the team without a sugar daddy to pump money in. And let's not forget, he paid off the 10 million compo for Martinez (and more for the rest of his staff) plus the compo to Southampton for Koeman and his staff. Not to mention the progression with the new stadium. Yes he's in it to make money, but he knows that we need to improve as a club for that to happen, and more importantly, he has a grasp on how that's going to happen.

I'm no business/financial guru and I may have missed a couple of things out or explained a couple of things incorrectly, but if you don't think all of the above shows that Moshiri has invested in Everton, then I hope you're more open minded out in the real world than you are in the footballing world.

Tl;dr @chicoazul is a melt

Nobody listened.

It took almost 5 years of going on about it before anyone did.

I listened mate, don't worry

The strategy is to improve the squad quality. Improve stadium quality. Commercial revenue will increase.

Squad quality will then continue to increase. Stadium will be filled. Commercial revenue will continue to increase.

Then on. And so on.

The virtuous circle.

All we needed was the push. Then the commercial management at the club to keep it going.

The strategy is to improve the squad quality. Improve stadium quality. Commercial revenue will increase.

Squad quality will then continue to increase. Stadium will be filled. Commercial revenue will continue to increase.

Then on. And so on.

The virtuous circle.

All we needed was the push. Then the commercial management at the club to keep it going.

Please tell me more

Over the last 12 months
Stones to City
Lukaku to Man U
Barkley also off
In return we have signed largely journeyman players to replace them, (with the possible exception of Rooney), well played Farhad, has anything really changed?

Over the last 12 months
Stones to City
Lukaku to Man U
Barkley also off
In return we have signed largely journeyman players to replace them, (with the possible exception of Rooney), well played Farhad, has anything really changed?

*sits back gets popcorn*

I do have to say, he's sold our three biggest talents under his reign imo, shocking......

*grabs a large coke and puts feet up also*

Status
Not open for further replies.