Is it time we had our own "ritiro" like they do in Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
I was thinking about what is next for this club and this squad and I remembered that in Italy, they often rely on a retreat for the entire club to stay together and work through issues going on.

It is discussed in this article where albeit Napoli didnt appreciate the gesture: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50322707

"A "ritiro" - where the team is confined to a hotel or sometimes the club's own training base - is a common practice in Italian football for sides on a bad run."

However, at this stage, I am not that fussed what the players think about it. I think we should be taking the entire squad and staff up to senior levels and placing them in a hotel somewhere and problems can be hashed out until something is resolved. Something has to change.

I just think that the people within the club must have some idea of where things are going wrong but either dont want to challenge the status quo for fear of it not being well received or they cannot be bothered to do so.

I was thinking about what is next for this club and this squad and I remembered that in Italy, they often rely on a retreat for the entire club to stay together and work through issues going on.

It is discussed in this article where albeit Napoli didnt appreciate the gesture: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50322707

"A "ritiro" - where the team is confined to a hotel or sometimes the club's own training base - is a common practice in Italian football for sides on a bad run."

However, at this stage, I am not that fussed what the players think about it. I think we should be taking the entire squad and staff up to senior levels and placing them in a hotel somewhere and problems can be hashed out until something is resolved. Something has to change.
Seaman's Mission, james Street would be an apt choice.

I just think that the people within the club must have some idea of where things are going wrong but either dont want to challenge the status quo for fear of it not being well received or they cannot be bothered to do so.

It's too easy at seemingly all levels at Everton to pick up a (usually massive) wage without earning it or facing a performance related review on your work.

Some seem to even benefit from constant under performance or are welcomed back with open arms when they couldn't cut it elsewhere.

We've been walking into a disaster for a long time, got lucky and had the opportunity to avert it on occasion but we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.