Is it time we had our own "ritiro" like they do in Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about what is next for this club and this squad and I remembered that in Italy, they often rely on a retreat for the entire club to stay together and work through issues going on.

It is discussed in this article where albeit Napoli didnt appreciate the gesture: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50322707

"A "ritiro" - where the team is confined to a hotel or sometimes the club's own training base - is a common practice in Italian football for sides on a bad run."

However, at this stage, I am not that fussed what the players think about it. I think we should be taking the entire squad and staff up to senior levels and placing them in a hotel somewhere and problems can be hashed out until something is resolved. Something has to change.
can we not just get them to play Squid Game and see who is left

I was thinking about what is next for this club and this squad and I remembered that in Italy, they often rely on a retreat for the entire club to stay together and work through issues going on.

It is discussed in this article where albeit Napoli didnt appreciate the gesture: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50322707

"A "ritiro" - where the team is confined to a hotel or sometimes the club's own training base - is a common practice in Italian football for sides on a bad run."

However, at this stage, I am not that fussed what the players think about it. I think we should be taking the entire squad and staff up to senior levels and placing them in a hotel somewhere and problems can be hashed out until something is resolved. Something has to change.
Wouod rather have a public stoning off the majority of the board and most of the players tbh

Think the majority have already retiro'd. It's becoming a Gentleman's Club for half-assed ex-footballers who can't hack it anywhere else. We have a scouting network globally and a DoF who are robbing a living.

I despair for our once glorious club yet cannot see how or when this apathy and mismanagement from top to bottom will ever end.

Maybe we should go the way of Rangers and start from the ground up (kidding...honestly!)

But how long more will our billionaire owner(s) stick with us and who in their right mind would want to pick up this poisoned chalice especially in the current climate?

Status
Not open for further replies.