Is Demba Ba joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakubu and Ba have scored 20 goals between them so far in the league.

Saha and Cahill have scored 1 goal between them so far in the league.

Just saying.

gutted we didnt get him, looks deecent can score a fukin goal..
just what we need, still makes no sense to me getting rid of yak+beckford
wernt good enough themselves like but saha gets injured or keeps playing like he does
we cant rely on what weve got left and wouldnt play cahill game in game out there

Extract from Liverpool Daily Post - Mark Lawrenson...

'If you want to get into the top half of the Premier League, you want more from your players and Yakubu didn’t give Everton that. He’s doing well at Blackburn right now because they just stick him up front and keep feeding him, but Yakubu can easily go two months without scoring'.

Give a half decent forward the service and they'll do well for you. Ask them to be a Jack of all trades and they won't. Haven't watched Blackburn this season, but bet Yak isn't defending corners on the near post!

By all means ask a bit more of your strikers, but ask too much and you ruin them.

Extract from Liverpool Daily Post - Mark Lawrenson...

'If you want to get into the top half of the Premier League, you want more from your players and Yakubu didn’t give Everton that. He’s doing well at Blackburn right now because they just stick him up front and keep feeding him, but Yakubu can easily go two months without scoring'.

Give a half decent forward the service and they'll do well for you. Ask them to be a Jack of all trades and they won't. Haven't watched Blackburn this season, but bet Yak isn't defending corners on the near post!

By all means ask a bit more of your strikers, but ask too much and you ruin them.

Seems that way doesn't it? It's almost as if Moyes has it in for strikers and stereotypes them to be lazy, so he makes sure that the laziness is cut out of their game by working hard on the defensive side of their games. This, like you said can ruin a striker just because of the sheer workload and different responsibilities they have on game day. Sure its important for a striker to work hard both ways, but if they are to focused on defence they lose sight on what they are there for, To bang in the fooking goals!

I'd much rather our strikers use their energy to sprint at defenders and latch onto through balls, than sprinting from our own box to the half way line only for us to lose the ball after an opposition corner

We could have Messi and Van Persie up front and we'd still be utter dog sh*t. Moyles would have them running the channels and too scared to get in the box. You know, playing the percentages DON'T SHOOT FFS YOU MIGHT GIVE THEM CHANCE TO BREAK FFS

To be fair, he wouldn't have scored that many in our system, but he'd be our leading scorer.

All for the sake of refusing to offer him £10k more a week allegedly.

I've said myself Van Persie would struggle to score for us.

But he's showing that he's the complete striker package, and that he'd have been so much better than anything we offered.

Hindsight is great mind. At the time I'm sure some were pleased that we hadn't nailed down a supposedly injury-prone striker on a big contract. We've already got one.

It's just that out of the two, we've got the wrong one!

Pardew said he thrives better as a traditional #10 rather than a #9.

That'd be our right hand side sorted then, ffs Moyles!

I've said myself Van Persie would struggle to score for us.
But he's showing that he's the complete striker package, and that he'd have been so much better than anything we offered.

Hindsight is great mind. At the time I'm sure some were pleased that we hadn't nailed down a supposedly injury-prone striker on a big contract. We've already got one.

It's just that out of the two, we've got the wrong one!

But he probably wouldn't stand round on the wing or 20 yards out instead of being in the box like Saha does.

Gets his 15th against united! Stunning finish like.

They're going to miss him when he leaves for the ACN.

Status
Not open for further replies.