International Player Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I watched it and you're right, he didn't have a lot to do. He played on the left and there was a lot of tika-taka and mopping up
the odd hoof from Bolivia who were pretty much stuck in their own half in the first half.

One shortish forward pass of his was intercepted and one long forward pass didn't get there.

He headed out a free kick from the six yard box which deflected off a Bolivian forward about three yards away and could've gone anywhere.

He went forward once in the second half and got his head to a Messi free kick but didn't get enough on it and it glanced wide.

Bolivia had a free kick and they were all lined up on the edge of the box. The bloke in front of Funes Mori broke free and headed in but
he was just offside.

He was never under much pressure and looked quite comfortable.

I suppose the highlight was when him and Messi high-fived after Messi scored his first.
Now I'm really confused,somebody on another thread says he didn't play.

Thought it was funny that Hodgson played Jagielka & Stones against San Marino, but played Cahill & Smalling against Switzerland !! lol
I think it was sensible as he probably wanted to give all four a game in this international break. Of the four, Stones is the least experienced so it made sense to play him in the one that should be easiest so he doesn't cock up and cost us points. Who do you play him with? Play him with the guy who he trains with and plays with every week.

I think it was sensible as he probably wanted to give all four a game in this international break. Of the four, Stones is the least experienced so it made sense to play him in the one that should be easiest so he doesn't cock up and cost us points. Who do you play him with? Play him with the guy who he trains with and plays with every week.

And you believe that do you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.