Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonS

Player Valuation: £10m
Under Moyes the players were fit but with lots of injuries.

Under Martinez (and despite his supposed physio qualification) they were unfit but with lots of injuries.

Under Koeman they are fit and (apart from a small number of one-offs and the perpetually fragile hamstrings of Besic and McCarthy) there are relatively few injuries.

Could be some luck, but I say it's amazing what difference a professional set up makes...

Possibly a bit early in his reign to say for sure that he and his staff are making the difference, but the signs are certainly very promising.

96868d37cce2444388ddf084e922ca0e.jpg

Probably just luck to be honest, all teams get injuries regardless of who / how good their manager is

Also think a lot of it is down to the individual players propensity to get injured. Don't jinx it but many of our main players have always had good fitness records (Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, Baines) while you see players like Aguero, McCarthy, Sturridge are always likely to tweak something

Probably just luck to be honest, all teams get injuries regardless of who / how good their manager is

Also think a lot of it is down to the individual players propensity to get injured. Don't jinx it but many of our main players have always had good fitness records (Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, Baines) while you see players like Aguero, McCarthy, Sturridge are always likely to tweak something

Rom is amazing at keeping injury-free (don't want to jinx him saying that...).

I have arguments with my RS supporting brother on who is best: Rom or Sturridge.

Sturridge has a lot of quality to him but if he's injured half the season, which player is most useful to the team? Rom I say....

Rom is amazing at keeping injury-free (don't want to jinx him saying that...).

I have arguments with my RS supporting brother on who is best: Rom or Sturridge.

Sturridge has a lot of quality to him but if he's injured half the season, which player is most useful to the team? Rom I say....

I would never had thought that who's better, Rom or sick note was an actual question to be debated, it's Lukaku all day!

I agree with you on the injuries thing, we do seem to have less of those niggly injuries that seemed to always happen in training

Status
Not open for further replies.