Votes: 41 18.9%
  • No - £28m of sexiness.

Votes: 149 68.7%
  • Romelu on Toast.

Votes: 27 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's obviously not as effective on the wing, but it is allowing him to work on his touch, passing and his creativity to go past players 1-on-1. We all know he can make good runs and pull off some Jelavic-esque first touch finishes, but these are parts of his game he needs to work on. Look at Eto'o when he comes on and his awareness and technique with his passing, that is a part of Rom's game I really hope they can work on together.

On Saturday I thought he did quite well at bringing down some of the long-balls hoofed up to him on the wing, but after that he had trouble keeping possession for us. Sometimes that was because he was completely isolated with only Naismith around him, mostly it was his composure getting to him to pick out the right pass.

His workrate was pretty good on Saturday as well, and a couple of times I thought he showed some great awareness by realizing where Liverpool were passing it down their left and coming back and inside to just block off the easy full back pass and stop them keeping easy possession.

I think he will be great by the end of the season and he will finish this season with his most premier league goals so far.

he clearly needs to work on his hold-up play, and passing. you can see immediately how much better eto'o is at this whenever he comes on - but not all strikers have this aspect of their game, and plenty have done just fine without it (van nistelorooy, falcao etc.). he could well improve at this, but if we don't get him the ball in positions where he can be effective with it, it's not entirely his fault. you can see how frustrated he gets when he runs into space only for the midfield to pass it back or send it out wide. so far this season the only person to pass it to him in the box is jonas olsen. you can't blame a sports car for not performing like a pickup truck.

images

There were some worrying moments against Liverpool, I don't think he played well enough and he deserves a telling off from Roberto this week.

He'll be fine long term though. I expect him to take the Prem Golden Boot in 2016/17 and then sign for Bayern for £60m. We'll spend the money on Harry Kane and a new contract for Hibbo. COYB.

Don't give a fxck after his comments before the game against the [Poor language removed]. Apparently we were a good move at the time and a stepping stone to bigger things. Didn't no body else pick up on this. It was when he was asked about scoring more than Rooney and Messi at the same age. So if he reaches the levels some expect he won't be doing it here. It's something you wouldn't say even if you thought it.

Don't give a fxck after his comments before the game against the [Poor language removed]. Apparently we were a good move at the time and a stepping stone to bigger things. Didn't no body else pick up on this. It was when he was asked about scoring more than Rooney and Messi at the same age. So if he reaches the levels some expect he won't be doing it here. It's something you wouldn't say even if you thought it.

Didn't he say we were the best step for him in his career right now?

I don't see what's wrong with that, I agree with him.

People misinterpreting his words.

By the time he is 25 he will be a monster, honestly the potential is unreal. The size of his fee is nothing to do with him, but, I think in the fullness of time he may turn out to have been a bargain

dont know what people are worried about hes a young striker and they tend to have poor spells and lose a little form. who would you prefer kone? lukaku will be a top player for us this season and seasons to come

Go back and watch Kone's performance in the League Cup last season

Or better yet, watch him on Thursday when I fear he might play

Status
Not open for further replies.