I'm still surprisingly relaxed about things

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mikey_Fitzgerald
I agree mate, early days and let's just relax and take stock

If honest the same thing is annoying me that annoyed me last season and that is this self entitlement that runs through some of the fan base. I can understand people getting annoyed with results and performances, what I can't understand is this mentality that we are a club challenging for top four so should be beating most teams put in front of us.
There still requires a massive reality check in some quarters, as simply we are still a mediocre club that needs to build.

Some people expect in now...no patience

tumblr_mt2vvn2ZBM1swwj6wo1_500.gif

@Mikey_Fitzgerald
I agree mate, early days and let's just relax and take stock

If honest the same thing is annoying me that annoyed me last season and that is this self entitlement that runs through some of the fan base. I can understand people getting annoyed with results and performances, what I can't understand is this mentality that we are a club challenging for top four so should be beating most teams put in front of us.
There still requires a massive reality check in some quarters, as simply we are still a mediocre club that needs to build.

Some people expect in now...no patience

I think it's less entitlement and more impatience than anything else

It's understandable, a whole generation of supporters have never seen us win anything and are probably too young to remember just how awful we truly were in the 90's and Smith years (Dogs of War aside)

For those of us who have seen the club at its lowest ebb, it's easier to have a bit of perspective

It's not entitlement, just frustration from a success starved fan base

We have one of the best strikers in Europe, decent defenders, bar Oviedo! IMO, a good Midfield, we spend 20 odd million on Bolasie, get a bargain on Guaye. I and almost everyone on here expected us to be challenging for top 4 or 5. It certainly doesn't look like Add to that , one of the most talented managers, I would have expected a bit more, both in term of tactics and performances. I'm worried. I'm looking at Koemans Valencia record and starting to doubt. Big time.

I think we need fresh faces.

There's only so much Koeman can do with his squad, probably 40% of which is good enough maybe?

I agree about still being confident of a decent final placing, but we need to score the chances we create.

To score more from the chances we create, we need two playing up front.

Good as Romelu Lukaku is when on top form, he is far, far too isolated at times and needs a genuine co-striker alongside him.
Rom spends too much time looking for the ball when he and a striking partner should be working together to pull a defence apart and then capitalise on some decent service... and that brings us onto the quality of our wing-play and crossing.

If we're gonna wait till the 74th minute before bring a pacy wide player like Geri on, for pity sake tell him to get stuck into the (presumably) tiring fullback at pace, get to the by-line and cross into the box.

For me, at times today, we looked like a side without any genuine direction or game-plan, and we got bitten in the backside by it.

Last edited:

We have one of the best strikers in Europe, decent defenders, bar Oviedo! IMO, a good Midfield, we spend 20 odd million on Bolasie, get a bargain on Guaye. I and almost everyone on here expected us to be challenging for top 4 or 5. It certainly doesn't look like Add to that , one of the most talented managers, I would have expected a bit more, both in term of tactics and performances. I'm worried. I'm looking at Koemans Valencia record and starting to doubt. Big time.

Fair enough mate

It's still a bit too early for me though

To score more from the chances we create, we need two playing up front.

Good as Romelu Lukaku is when on top form, he is far, far too isolated at times and beds a genuine co-striker alongside him.
Ron spends too much time looking for the ball when he and a striking partner should be working together to pull a defence apart and then capitalise on some decent service... and that brings us onto the quality of our wing-play and crossing.

If we're gonna wait till the 74th minute before bring a pacy wide player like Geri on, for pity sake tell him to get stuck into the (presumably) tiring fullback at pace, get to the by-line and cross into the box.

For me, at times today, we looked like a side without any genuine direction or game-plan, and we got bitten in the backside by it.
I've been saying let's try a 442 for about 2 years now.

Everyone laughs.......

Status
Not open for further replies.