I'm still surprisingly relaxed about things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'd get wound up after travelling to an away game and seeing us lose, but I'm still relatively calm at the moment

Yes, we're not where we currently want to be, but I think we've got a better chance of getting there than we did six months ago

We need better players, that much is obvious, but I think we need to improve our overall standing first to attract those better players

It's a hard pill to swallow that we're on a bad run, but Koeman has still had a comparatively good start when compared to our other managers in the Premier League era

Does he have what it takes? I don't know. I've seen some things I like and some things I don't. Regardless, I'm not panicking yet

I'm willing to be patient and assess things once Koeman has had more time. He's essentially having to get the team back to basics when it comes to defending, set pieces and general fitness, which won't be achieved overnight

But I'm genuinely feeling quite zen right now, as if this is the beginning of something really positive and we just need to get through the initial teething problems and start building some momentum

If you don't agree, it doesn't mean you're a bad supporter, or a plotter, or entitled, or wrong, it just means you have a different view

At the end of the day we're all blues and we all want the same thing, which is for Everton to be successful and win things. We might disagree on HOW we want them to do it, but it's still the common goal that unites us all

And that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing

We all know how gritty the premier league is and Burnley are a good side at home. They beat the rs 2-0 and put in good home performances. Its imperative we win most of our home games this season, that goes without saying but we need to take points at aways like Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton, Liverpool, united, Arsenal to stand a good chance of top 4. Its not over yet but today was as frustrating as Bournemouth 3-3

Agree I'm not going crackers or overboard (till Christmas anyhow) but I can understand why lids wanner vent on an internet forum so let them. Its super fans who wellie them as though its a sign of the end of Everton or humanity that bug me . Fume away and like it!

Oh I agree

I'm just trying to put things in a different perspective

Nothing wrong with being upset or angry when Everton lose

If I can make just one person feel a little less crap, then it's worth it

Nothing wrong with that mate

It's natural, we lost

But big picture wise, I don't think things are that bad, at least not at the moment
The creativity problems are still there. We beat some puddings at home. I don't think we've done anything outstanding yet. The inability to beat Bournemouth, Burnley and Norwich worries me. We don't graft for 90min which Koemans approach requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.