Illegal Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
sheeds was on to that 'summoned to Fergie's house' info just after he announced his departure. Well in mate!!

On the issue itself: anyone believes the Moyes timescale of events needs their head feeling. He was running down his contract to save United compo cash. That's what a great blue that feller was. Mr Dignity getting applauded off the pitch robbed Everton of millions in compensation from the world's richest club.

I like that bit as well: 'I thought he was going to take one of my players'. How ****ing humiliating is that for Everon? Cherry picked at will by United as if we have no say in the matter...and now he's their manager he continues the policy of treating us like an arse cloth they wipe themselves on.

sheeds was on to that 'summoned to Fergie's house' info just after he announced his departure. Well in mate!!

On the issue itself: anyone believes the Moyes timescale of events needs their head feeling. He was running down his contract to save United compo cash. That's what a great blue that feller was. Mr Dignity getting applauded off the pitch robbed Everton of millions in compensation from the world's richest club.

I like that bit as well: 'I thought he was going to take one of my players'. How ****ing humiliating is that for Everon? Cherry picked at will by United as if we have no say in the matter...and now he's their manager he continues the policy of treating us like an arse cloth they wipe themselves on.

make a note of the date,Davek...I agree with you 100% !!

Thats one of the points I'm making. The whole situation stinks, to be honest. Moyes knew at Christmas, I'd suggest. When Bill knew is open to conjecture. But if Moyes is suggesting he, Moyes, only knew a day or so before it was announced, Moyes is implying Bill didn't know.
SAF, Moyes and Giggs met for dinner in Alderley Edge shortly after the announcement, that is a fact. This must have been prearranged. Were was the usual 'Man Utd have asked permission to speak to David Moyes' ? Unless managers contracts are different. If they are different, and more aligned to normal business and not football, keeping an approach to headhunt staff secret is not uncommon. It is difficult not to avoid the coclusion that Moyes was offered the job as long ago as Christmas. It certainly does not seem possible that the first he knew was when Fergie told him he was retiring 'next week, and youre the new manager' I dislike the word liar in relation to anything about the crazy world of football, because too many people have a different concept of what 'the truth' is, but it is difficult not to use the word in relation to Moyes in this situation. Who else knew he was 'lying?' Certainly Fergie...but who else?

This is it though mate, if you mention his name you can't move on apparently. I'm just looking out for our club and what I think happened may have been irregular. Coincidentally, most saying cant we move on we're the ones clambering for him to stay on for the last 2 games so we could give him a send off. Should have told him to clear his desk the day he agreed to go there.

Man utd have no right to treat Everton like this, the day the premier league began Everton had 9 league titles to Utds 7. Don't let sky, David Moyes or anyone paint it any differently. The way he managed and spoke about Everton lead us to the state we are in now regarding top 6 as success.

I'd be right onto lawyers if there is a case, get what's right and then move on. Then lets concentrate on our new beginning and maybe turning up at old Trafford fand giving the ****s a game for once.

Up the Toffees

This is it though mate, if you mention his name you can't move on apparently. I'm just looking out for our club and what I think happened may have been irregular. Coincidentally, most saying cant we move on we're the ones clambering for him to stay on for the last 2 games so we could give him a send off. Should have told him to clear his desk the day he agreed to go there.

Man utd have no right to treat Everton like this, the day the premier league began Everton had 9 league titles to Utds 7. Don't let sky, David Moyes or anyone paint it any differently. The way he managed and spoke about Everton lead us to the state we are in now regarding top 6 as success.

I'd be right onto lawyers if there is a case, get what's right and then move on. Then lets concentrate on our new beginning and maybe turning up at old Trafford fand giving the ****s a game for once.

Up the Toffees

Agreed. In fact making an almighty fuss about this, preferably through the courts, is a great way to move on. Mind you...has anyone asked Everton the direct question...'Did the club recieve any compensation for the loss of David Moyes, and when was the official approach made?

Not sure on managers but players can only speak to clubs in the same domestic league as their current club in the last month of their contract. It's the last 6 months if the club is abroad.

Three months domestic
Six months abroad

No rules were broken if Ferguson only mentioned it in May.

kenwright clearly not bothered.If Moyes said he was told before the merseyside derby he was the next man ure manager then that is tapping up.kenwright should grow some balls and start legal proceedings as gollom was still under contract.Doesn't matter if its being bitter or not.Sue the man ure.

Pretty sad to see the usual suspect continuing their, borderline weird, bashing of Moyes even after he has left.

He gave us 11 excellent years service and left when his contract expired for probably the biggest club job in the world.

There is no evidence he was "tapped up". He moved at the end of his contract. If the board had actually done their job and supported him in the transfer market he might have stayed.

But you wanted him gone anyway so why does it bother you so much?

Pretty sad to see the usual suspect continuing their, borderline weird, bashing of Moyes even after he has left.

He gave us 11 excellent years service and left when his contract expired for probably the biggest club job in the world.

There is no evidence he was "tapped up". He moved at the end of his contract. If the board had actually done their job and supported him in the transfer market he might have stayed.

Is that you Sir Alex ? 11 years of no silverware! plenty of hoof ball!

Rubbish wind up.

Your hero's gone. We feel your hurt, but accept it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.