If you were David Moyes, who would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish and German league games are hardly difficult to find on telly.

M'Bia is a weird one. Moyes seemed to want him a lot when we couldnt really afford him and now he is affordable we dont want him. He seems to have fell of a cliff though in the past few years.

I don't mean to sound like a [Poor language removed] here, but even if that was true, which it isn't, then people shouldn't be saying 'oooh, he could do a job' or 'yeah sign him up' unless they've seen the guy kick a ball.

I have literally no idea about this Oviedo guy, don't even know what he looks like, so I'm not saying yes or no.

Just a little pet hate of mine.

That lad Rhys Williams at Middlesborough is a realistic shout. He's 24 can play DM, RB and, at a push, CB which would please Davey. And he wouldn't be too dear, which would please Bill and his cabal of shadowy financiers!

If you was the manager, who would you buy?

Let's give ourselves a budget - £12m from Rodwell, £5.3m already spent on Mirallas. That leaves us with £6.7m

I'd personally go in for...

John Guidetti - Manchester City (loan)

The lad looked class in the Eredivisie (spelling?) last season. Got around 20 goals for Feyenoord and looked quite the monster in the box. He could fill in for Jelavic, similar type of player.

Loan fees usually are in the region of £1m-£2m.

Told it before, but Guidetti is a no-go. Is suffering from a virus infection and will take months to recover from that.

I'd be trying my absolute best to shift Anichebe out to whoever will take him. 30k a week off the wages and probably two million transfer fee.

Let's say half of the Pienaar fee came off the Rodwell deal, plus the entire 5.5m for Mirallas. That's 12m take, say, 8m, plus 2m for Anichebe. Leaving 6m, plus quite a chunk of free wages I'd imagine.

Go get Debuchy for 6m, and 2m for a decent striker on loan.

I'd be trying my absolute best to shift Anichebe out to whoever will take him. 30k a week off the wages and probably two million transfer fee.

Let's say half of the Pienaar fee came off the Rodwell deal, plus the entire 5.5m for Mirallas. That's 12m take, say, 8m, plus 2m for Anichebe. Leaving 6m, plus quite a chunk of free wages I'd imagine.

Go get Debuchy for 6m, and 2m for a decent striker on loan.

Say we sell this lad and have 2m we subtract 4.56m from over here then we muliply that by the amount of apples I bought from Asda last night, Take that amount add 5 share that by 7.8m and there we have it

LETS BY MESSI

I thought M'bia was going to QPR for a season as part of the Joey Barton deal?
I defo think we could do with another striker, but getting a decent one at an affordable price could be difficult (they are paying 12 million for Steven Fletcher FFS). I've got confidence moyes will pull one out of the bag though, probably some one we've never heard of who ends up being a cult idol - brace yourself for another Straq

I don't mean to sound like a [Poor language removed] here, but even if that was true, which it isn't, then people shouldn't be saying 'oooh, he could do a job' or 'yeah sign him up' unless they've seen the guy kick a ball.

I have literally no idea about this Oviedo guy, don't even know what he looks like, so I'm not saying yes or no.

Just a little pet hate of mine.

Fair enough. A pet hate of mine though is reverse snobbery (not that I am saying you are guilty of that) where because people may know about players who dont play in England they get questioned all the time. Like people dont trust their opinion etc.

Got to be honest i dont know Oviedo either. Im not a big fan of Spanish football.

I'd try and sign Dimitri Payet from Lille, very versatile attacking player, not sure of cost though

If I was David Moyes i'd probably buy 3 centre halves, honestly (and pleasantly) surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.