If you had to choose a new 'keeper....

Realistic current PL 'keeper for Everton?

• Butland (Stoke)

• Foster (WBA)

• Adrian (West Ham)

• Schmeichel (Leicester)

• Vorm (Spurs)

• Fabianski (Swansea)

• Hennessey (Palace)

• Minge Olé! (RS)

• Boruc (Bournemouth)

• Gomes (Watford)

• Elliott (Barcodes)

• Ospina (Arsenal)

• Forster (Southampton)

• Begovic (Chelsea)

• Caballero (Citeh)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't voted because the ones I'd want are all unrealistic.

Begovic about 4 years ago maybe, but it speaks volumes that Stoke fans weren't that arsed that he left. Wouldn't want him as our first choice. Nor Caballero.

Hart isn't totally out of the question if they sign Ter Stegen, but value wise we'd be better off going abroad. The Ajax stopper has been linked but people have said hates leaving his line, had enough of that the last few years...

Look to one of the many good German keepers, Leno, Zieler, Horn...

Or was he forced out to accommodate Butland as Stoke's first choice? Much like Courtouis and Cech, Stoke knew they had to start playing Butland or sell him.

I'm sure he'd jump at the chance for regular football in the summer.

He may well have been pushed out by Hughes, but then why agree to join chelsea so fast? Id rather have a hungry player.

I really liked him at portsmouth and stoke and thought he would be ideal for us...on form he is one of the best in the league...

Is he one of the best in Europe though? Rico and Leno are or will at least be at that level soon and id prefer one of them for that reason.

if we spend £20mil on any other position (perhaps excluding full back) we would get a top player...spend it on a keeper and we get a world class or similar level player...definitely would push the boat out on one and it would be a great move by us.

Look to Germany.
Plenty of great keepers there - and a lot cheaper than most on that list I'm sure

By realistic I meant not including Hart, De Gea, Courtois and Cech. All the others are not nailed-on to stay, or move to Spain. I only included Mingolet for comic value but I should have selected Ruddy instead. If possible I'll swap them over and you can change your selection(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.