If you could have a drink with any Everton player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had drinks with Hugh Cornwell, Dave Vanian, Shane Mc Gowan ( plus three homeless guys at an Ian McCulloch gig), Lemmy, Jimmy Pursey (in Feltham pub).

Never had a drink with an Everton player🙁
??

Me too mate,do you remember Venison,long blonde hair and a Rupert the bear suit😂😂😂,mate of mine used to work the door at the Conservatory,then he’d go over the kingsway,we’d go over and get in free!!!les Dodd has his own place off east bank street these days,in fact about 18 months ago we were in there and Stephen Hendry was on the next table😳felt a bit inadequate!!!Happy days😀

Yes, hahaha, had wiped Venison from my mind but the Rupert kecks brought it all back haha

Yes, many happy nights in Conservatory then Kingsway.

I had a game with me old man in Dodds place few months, his tables are top notch. He is cue man for a good few of the pros apparently, a misspent youth in his place lol.

When you see a true master like Hendry, defo makes you look at your cue and think "why do I bother"🤣

Local pros here in Northants are Rory and Harvey who has dropped off the pro tour to do China.

We must have crossed paths back in the day Dario.
Was in Belfast in the summer with a couple mates from over there that used to work where I do. We were in Robinsons, playing pool upstairs. One of them his whole family are from there, and his older brothers used to play there when Alex Higgins was kicking about. Told us how they always used to find him half unconscious on the benches outside and would bring him in for a few more drinks and a game! :D
Definitely Seamus

Quite a few years ago, in my old work place, had a mate who was from the same town as Seamus when they were younger. A couple of his friends from back there - who were mates with Seamus - were over to watch Eve v Blackburn, so we drove up to Liverpool to watch the game. After the game we went back to their hotel to get changed, then went out in to town for food and drinks etc. They're texting Seamus to meet up later in the evening, but he wasn't sure if/when he'd be able to get out (apparently was with his gf?).

Anyways, gets to about 10/11pm and he hadn't joined us. I had work the next day, so decided I'd rather drive back down to London and get a few hours sleep at home, rather than stay out longer there, crash for the night, then have to drive all the way back in the morning and go straight to work. So, I drive home, get back 2/3am, go to bed for a few hours then get up and go straight to work. Get on my break midway through my shift, pop on facebook and what do I see? Just a picture of my mate about an hour after I left standing arms over shoulders with Seamus! Ffs :mad: :mad: lol

I used to drink a few times a week with Gordon West, he was hilarious and outrageous and would do anything for a laugh. Really top bloke, I miss his company.
Spent a holiday in Rhodes and bumped into John Bailey just about every night, cracking bloke.

I’ve had a few drinks with Kev Sheedy, lovely bloke.

Nev. Best Everton player I will ever see, and would love to hear more about his transition out of football to making a difference elsewhere (instead of joining the ranks of ambassadors and corporate pre match speakers). I know very little really.

Side note, spoke to a casual fan of a different club who now watches our results because they love Dyche. They met him whilst spending a day as backstage VIPs at some gig after he left Burnley (think it involved OCS), on the lash I think. Said he was warm, funny, very un-famous, lovely to everyone, and was clearly besotted with his family and talked about them at length. No cliches and sound bites, just super friendly. I guess they are used a shield in interviews and pressers. So he can come along and pay.

Nev. Best Everton player I will ever see, and would love to hear more about his transition out of football to making a difference elsewhere (instead of joining the ranks of ambassadors and corporate pre match speakers). I know very little really.

Side note, spoke to a casual fan of a different club who now watches our results because they love Dyche. They met him whilst spending a day as backstage VIPs at some gig after he left Burnley (think it involved OCS), on the lash I think. Said he was warm, funny, very un-famous, lovely to everyone, and was clearly besotted with his family and talked about them at length. No cliches and sound bites, just super friendly. I guess they are used a shield in interviews and pressers. So he can come along and pay.

…..not sure Southall drinks.

I’d like a pint with Kendall. We know he liked a drink and he’s part of the 2 greatest Everton teams I had the pleasure to watch (1970 & mid-80s). Sheedy if I could invite somebody else along, what a player and such a great bloke.

I used to drink a few times a week with Gordon West, he was hilarious and outrageous and would do anything for a laugh. Really top bloke, I miss his company.
Spent a holiday in Rhodes and bumped into John Bailey just about every night, cracking bloke.

Met Gordon West years ago through a mutual friend when he was in aintree hospital years ago,lovely,warm funny fella with some fantastic stories about his time at Everton!!!

Peter Reid and John Bailey to thank them for coming to see me in hospital intensive care in our greatest ever season.
I couldn't speak but they sat there chatting away for ages with my wife and brought in a load of Everton stuff.
They'll never know how much it meant
Good guys, fab story, and glad you are here to tell it mate.

Colin Harvey. Alan Ball and Howard Kendall.
The sories those lads could tell. When football was played by men who weren't afraid of anything.
Not like the [Poor language removed] we watch now

Status
Not open for further replies.