If we were going to put up a 2nd statue at GP - which would you choose and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 36, born sept 1958 but good call.
For me Waggy would have to be close to the top of the list too :)
And Hickson for his continued service to the club, Brian Labone too - blue blood!

Cheers Hayee, was having a stab at the age there, he certainly looked 40+!!!

The MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) are planning to do a walkway of statues up to the main gate, a new one every year for the next five years, to recognise the sporting heroes that have called the ground their home. First one is Shane Warne (spit*), but I think it's a nice idea and really adds to the feel of a great stadium.

Listen mate..Yanno it's gotta be Bobby Moore, 'awight guv! He won the fakkin' world cup mate ..Top geezer! Man was a fakkin' diamond..Ingurlund frew and tfrew mate, every fakkin' ground should fakkin' 'ave one !! You Nothern' Monkeys- Wannnnkkkahhhhhhhs

Failing that.. Alan Ball :D

We should have a big HAND coming OUT of the main stand wall.

It should be Alan Ball without Doubt,A true Blue Legend

It's got to be Howard Kendall for me led us through our finest years. But Yeah i also agee with Big Nev n Bally 2 true Icons of EFC. Some1 also said wait until a new stadium which would probably make sense.

The other (and original) holy trinity:

George Mahon, James Clement Baxter, Robert Clayton. The men responsible for downing that Tory boozehound, John Houlding.

On this: I attended the founding fathers night at GP just over a year ago and it was revealed that the stained glass window of James Clement Baxter that stood in Our Lady's Church in Everton had survived that building's demolition. It should be claimed by the club and slotted into that new museum when it's up and running. It's amazing to me that a club that trades on its history so much has nothing to commemorate these people. Maybe it's because they were visionaries and pioneers and, therefore, put the carpet baggers and spivs currently in control in a bad light.

I dont actually think that we should have another statue, but if we did, I would say Howard Kendall, he won trophies as a player and a manager and helped us out of a few sticky situations over the years, so I dont think any one person has done more for the club in the modern era.

Status
Not open for further replies.