If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael in! Spanish Sam Allardyce, apart from Spanish League title, Champions League, FA cup. Best man available for the job. If the job becomes vacant.
Yeah but some people refuse to take their dumb-ass blue-tinted glasses off. If he would come, I'd take it. It'd wind the Kopites up no end, which would be an added bonus. Proven winner. Bit of a knob, but that's alright.

If people have no patience for a manager who wanted to be here so bad that he started tapping up the players at the club he was at for us, then what hope would Benitez have?

He'd only need to lose two games and the natives would have their pitchforks back out saying we need to sack him.

Plus he's a big fat beaut who plays football like Sam Allardyce. No thank you.

Rafael Benitez is one of the biggest frauds in football by the way.

His Champions League win in 2005 aside, the majority of his success has been by going into clubs with established teams and getting them to play organized and compact. That has resulted in being effective in cup competitions, especially over two legs.

He reckons he cleans up Mourinho's messes when what he actually does is uses Mourinho's teams after they've fell out with him and gets the new manager bounce.

Yes his 2005 win with the Reds was an achievement but he shouldn't be seen as any better than the likes of Claudio Ranieri who pulled off a one-season shock.

Yeah but some people refuse to take their dumb-ass blue-tinted glasses off. If he would come, I'd take it. It'd wind the Kopites up no end, which would be an added bonus. Proven winner. Bit of a knob, but that's alright.

This is all well and good (and not too far wrong) but he would be too divisive.

If we were in the market for a new manager we would need someone everybody could get behind not someone who most of our fans have an inbuilt hatred of who will be getting called a fat Spanish waiter after two games without a win.

It would be a mad appointment.

Rafael Benitez is one of the biggest frauds in football by the way.

His Champions League win in 2005 aside, the majority of his success has been by going into clubs with established teams and getting them to play organized and compact. That has resulted in being effective in cup competitions, especially over two legs.

He reckons he cleans up Mourinho's messes when what he actually does is uses Mourinho's teams after they've fell out with him and gets the new manager bounce.

Yes his 2005 win with the Reds was an achievement but he shouldn't be seen as any better than the likes of Claudio Ranieri who pulled off a one-season shock.

Nonsense. Blue tinted glasses in full effect.

- His Valencia side broke the Real/Barca duopoly, won a Uefa cup and played some beautiful football to boot.

- Liverpool weren't exactly challenging for the PL when he took over - in fact I think they were struggling for top four (finished 6th in his first season?) but he took them to a LC final and also the CL final where they went on to somehow beat a brilliant Milan team.
Pretty sure they finished in the top 3 or 4 for the next few seasons, won an FA cup, got to another CL final and finished runners up in the PL to Utd.

- Won the Uefa cup with Chelsea and got them in to the CL
- Won a couple of cups with Napoli
- Kept a championship level Newcastle team in the PL for 2 consecutive seasons

If he did something similar here - we'd be ecstatic.

I'm NOT saying he's the right man if the EFC job comes up but it would be daft not to consider a manager who's won European trophies with 3 different clubs - regardless of his past allegiances. Compare that to the likes of BFS who we've had at the wheel and you begin to understand why EFC are where we are and have been for so long.

I used to work with a Villa fan who thought that they were too big a club to consider a manager like Rafael who he saw as beneath them.
Instead they went for a series of clowns in Alex McLeish, Paul Lambert, Tim Sherwood (really??) and Remi Garde (who??).
Then they wonder how Villa ended up getting relegated. :Blink:

Nonsense. Blue tinted glasses in full effect.

- His Valencia side broke the Real/Barca duopoly, won a Uefa cup and played some beautiful football to boot.

- Liverpool weren't exactly challenging for the PL when he took over - in fact I think they were struggling for top four (finished 6th in his first season?) but he took them to a LC final and also the CL final where they went on to somehow beat a brilliant Milan team.
Pretty sure they finished in the top 3 or 4 for the next few seasons, won an FA cup, got to another CL final and finished runners up in the PL to Utd.

- Won the Uefa cup with Chelsea and got them in to the CL
- Won a couple of cups with Napoli
- Kept a championship level Newcastle team in the PL for 2 consecutive seasons

If he did something similar here - we'd be ecstatic.

I'm NOT saying he's the right man if the EFC job comes up but it would be daft not to consider a manager who's won European trophies with 3 different clubs - regardless of his past allegiances. Compare that to the likes of BFS who we've had at the wheel and you begin to understand why EFC are where we are and have been for so long.

I used to work with a Villa fan who thought that they were too big a club to consider a manager like Rafael who he saw as beneath them.
Instead they went for a series of clowns in Alex McLeish, Paul Lambert, Tim Sherwood (really??) and Remi Garde (who??).
Then they wonder how Villa ended up getting relegated. :Blink:

Yeah getting Chelsea into the CL is mad!!

And newcastle's wage bill was more than Brighton and Huddersfield's combined when he brought them up.

'Keeping' Newcastle up for two seasons is now some sort of achievement? lol lol Wonder what you think of Eddie Howe's achievements then?

He took treble winning Inter and made them a mid table side, Napoli was an unmitigated disaster, didnt really get a fair crack of the whip at Madrid but he probably WAS out of his depth. Then he took big spending Newcastle down to the premiership, losing a duel to David Moyes who had a much lest costly and lowly paid squad to work with.

Aside from the fact he's a busted flush his football is worse than Big Sams.

This is all well and good (and not too far wrong) but he would be too divisive.

If we were in the market for a new manager we would need someone everybody could get behind not someone who most of our fans have an inbuilt hatred of who will be getting called a fat Spanish waiter after two games without a win.

It would be a mad appointment.
Problem we have as a fan base is until we get a proven manager in, no up and coming mNAger will be given long enough to prove himself
We need a manager were 99% are behind him, until that point we will continue to struggle

Moshri/Brands need to see this and get the right man in, until then we will sit waiting for the atmosphere to turn toxic again

Mancini or Wenger please

If not Rudi Garcia or Benitez
Mancini - needs the men in white coats, he is crazy and just causes dressing room issues like most italian managers
Wenger - shown at Arsenal even with better players that he is just not up to it anymore, also wants some technical director position by all accounts
Garcia - a bit meh, but i could put up with him at a push
Benitez - worse football than the gravyman but would probably get results, but at the end of the day it's Rafael and i can't be bothered listening to that level of moaning after every game, also he had his time 10 years ago and was good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.