If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not demanding anyone squire, I gave examples of numerous managers and someone like Benitez/Mancini who have won elite league titles and trophies should be on any shortlist for a club of ours considering where we want to be down the line.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss who our manager has previously managed (remember a certain Sammy Lee was at the club last season who most were fuming with but quickly weren't arsed once he shown some pashun on the touchline)

So long as Brands picks one that can take us forward im happy.
Nah, you’d be happy until the first draw then you’d kick off all over again.
Some people just thrive on crisis.

Nah, you’d be happy until the first draw then you’d kick off all over again.
Some people just thrive on crisis.

Not me.

The fact we've been turbo gash for 4 out of the last 5 seasons mixed in with the gross mismanagement and baffling decision making from the owner are the reasons im kicking off im sick of it fella.

We won nothing under Moyes but I was happy largely as most years you saw progress despite being massively hindered financially.

Not me.

The fact we've been turbo gash for 4 out of the last 5 seasons mixed in with the gross mismanagement and baffling decision making from the owner are the reasons im kicking off im sick of it fella.

We won nothing under Moyes but I was happy largely as most years you saw progress despite being massively hindered financially.
Unsurprisingly we are very different people you and I , I would have sacked Moyes after 6 years. That is long enough for any Everton manager to go without winning a trophy in my opinion.
But sacking a manager after 1 season, barring genuine relegation crisis, is not something I would routinely subscribe too.
However I do have some sympathy with your stance. It would be churlish of me not to note that had the fat slug still been our manager I would have occupied the position in which you currently reside.
As supporters we all want success but it sometimes behoves us to remember we may have different ideas of how to get there.
We can disagree but ultimately we all support Everton football club.

Im not demanding anyone squire, I gave examples of numerous managers and someone like Benitez/Mancini who have won elite league titles and trophies should be on any shortlist for a club of ours considering where we want to be down the line.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss who our manager has previously managed (remember a certain Sammy Lee was at the club last season who most were fuming with but quickly weren't arsed once he shown some pashun on the touchline)

So long as Brands picks one that can take us forward im happy.

So, as I said. You're suggesting one manager that would be hated from day one at a time when the fans already pissed off, and another that has had an open chequebook everywhere he has gone....at a time when we have the wage bill in a mess and in urgent need of shifting half the squad.

There's no common sense to it.

The other suggestions are more on Silva's level for all you might see them as being better. Prospects that bring no guarantees of quick success, and would need more patience from fans than Silva has been shown. I'm not talking about the lack of patience now when the seasons done and it's been bad, I'm talking about fans wanting rid in the first half of the season.

The change from the fans that is needed is right there. Silva might be done in the summer, but the next guy is going to need the hounds to take the season off and let him get on with the job with the ups and the downs.

the crap decisions in the past are done with. fine if the fans are done with Silva just now, but we should hope for instant success but be ready and accepting of a slow grind over the next couple seasons.

So, as I said. You're suggesting one manager that would be hated from day one at a time when the fans already pissed off, and another that has had an open chequebook everywhere he has gone....at a time when we have the wage bill in a mess and in urgent need of shifting half the squad.

There's no common sense to it.

The other suggestions are more on Silva's level for all you might see them as being better. Prospects that bring no guarantees of quick success, and would need more patience from fans than Silva has been shown. I'm not talking about the lack of patience now when the seasons done and it's been bad, I'm talking about fans wanting rid in the first half of the season.

The change from the fans that is needed is right there. Silva might be done in the summer, but the next guy is going to need the hounds to take the season off and let him get on with the job with the ups and the downs.

the crap decisions in the past are done with. fine if the fans are done with Silva just now, but we should hope for instant success but be ready and accepting of a slow grind over the next couple seasons.

Those who dont like Benitez for his style I understand but those who dont like him simply because he's ex RS is just stupid. He may be a chequebook manager but imagine what he would have done with the £200 million Koeman and Silva have had between them!

Silva has done nothing outside of the Greek League and Portuguese League which are both SPL standard. Any manager who's done a good job in a strong league like England, Spain, Italy and Germany is the sort of manager we should be looking at.

I agree they need time which is what Silva has had to show some kind of improvement on last season which so far he hasnt.

I wish Kenwright/Moshiri would use their connections to Dein/arsenal to get Wenger back in management.

Those who dont like Benitez for his style I understand but those who dont like him simply because he's ex RS is just stupid. He may be a chequebook manager but imagine what he would have done with the £200 million Koeman and Silva have had between them!

Silva has done nothing outside of the Greek League and Portuguese League which are both SPL standard. Any manager who's done a good job in a strong league like England, Spain, Italy and Germany is the sort of manager we should be looking at.

I agree they need time which is what Silva has had to show some kind of improvement on last season which so far he hasnt.

I wish Kenwright/Moshiri would use their connections to Dein/arsenal to get Wenger back in management.

the first paragraph means nada because they are still of no use to us right now in the current situation were we to sack Silva today or in the summer.

if the shining example you want to set for all those lesser fans is giving managers less than half a season before calling for the sack, then well its a crap example really innit

Football is tribal , and has been throughout its history right from the time it was a glorified and deadly gang fight between villages. To try and graft rationality onto it it is a futile exercise.
Benitez was not only their manager he identified with them to the extent his home is still here on Merseyside. In that context his infamous insults to us cannot be easily dismissed as run of the mill trash talk but you have to suspect carried real meaning for him. It is highly unlikely we would appoint him or indeed he would accept.
But if he did , he would have to hit the ground running as fast as Usain Bolt on amphetimine to have any chance of survival.
Wenger is too old to take on a task as herculanean as rebuilding our fortunes , and his judgement was suspect in his latter years.
I wish we could have appointed Emery a few years back though.

SMH, that would be like saying Rangers fans would be stupid to turn down having a manager with a Catholic background or vice versa with Celtic and Protestants. Let's not forget that Benitez is on record saying he would never work for Everton because of his connections to them and he very famously caused great delight to them by labelling us a small club, despite the fact that 'his' club wouldn't have existed but for us. He's a good manager, no disputing that, but there is way too much water under the bridge for him to be accepted here in anyway shape or form, the fanbase were quick to turn on Martinez after one great season, Koeman after 1 decent season and Silva after 3 months, Benitez wouldn't last 2 weeks before the knives would come out

Status
Not open for further replies.