If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You’re talking about Sam now aren’t you......
Ha ha, good god no. But as I said yesterday, what top manager would come here with 11 games left and relegation certainly not out of the question? It would have to be a firefighter presumably? If not, what would the remit be for any ‘long-term’ appointment? Would he get a free pass to rebuild if we went down?

Ha ha, good god no. But as I said yesterday, what top manager would come here with 11 games left and relegation certainly not out of the question? It would have to be a firefighter presumably? If not, what would the remit be for any ‘long-term’ appointment? Would he get a free pass to rebuild if we went down?

We won’t go down. I’m just hoping that Brands can work some magic.....

Biesla is the godfather of modern football mate.

Pep, potch and many others claim they learned from him. He is extremely famous and well known in the game.

Just one of the hardest managers to get working for you. Either he does brilliantly or walks out after 2 weeks. Not always a middle ground
Yeah, and it’s all hyperbole. His record is pretty poor overall and his personal skills mean he never lasts in a job.

We should go for Neil Warnock

Ron-Swanson-No.gif

Interesting listening to Carragher before on Chelsea on how everytime they try appoint a manager known to be more expansive/possession based (Sarri, AVB, Scolari) they struggle in comparison to managers who focus more on being aggressive and in your face (mourinho, conte)

Makes me think in regards to the crowd even though we were great under Martinez in that first season part of me thinks the fans/the club are more suited to that aggressive type football over tika taka/possession based.

Don't confuse that for hoofball/ultra defensive but I certainly think a Mancini/Conte/Van Gaal appointment who offers balanced but aggressive football will get the crowd going more than a possession based Eddie Howe/Cocu type appointment.

If Sarri is sacked by Chelsea - would he be an option for us? I would not mind him one bit, as his work in Italy is top notch, but being unable to get better results with Chelsea does leave a rather large question mark. Would he basically just be a more experienced Silva?

Status
Not open for further replies.