If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great choice guys.

Get a manager in that won nothing in 11yrs of mostly, not always, dire football and got worse once he left us, and on top of that totally disrespected his former club once he left.

That is your unique answer to what manager in the whole of world football can we get that might get us to kick on and maybe win a trophy?

Put the keyboard away guys.

We would need to take a step back and restore stability as a first priority.

The idea of finding the next Pochettino is fine if we actually found him, but otherwise it just ends in taking a hopeful punt on another Silva, based on nothing.

I think we are so bad and in need of such a total overhaul that we have to rebuild in two stages.

The medium-term aim should be to restore us to something like the position we found ourselves in when Moyes left.

It was apparent to everyone that Silva was and is a gamble, as would anyone else be, but we have to minimise the degree to which we are willing to take a risk.

That doesn't mean Moyes or Allardyce, and nor should it mean having to accept turgid football and rudderless leadership.

It just means the best fit for the circumstances, which are approaching crisis proportions and threatening to escalate. It's absolutely not the time for just another punt. We might as well stick with Silva if that's the case.

No. This needs to stop now.
Whilst I am not advocating Moyes, if Silva was to be sacked tomorrow, who the hell would even come near here until the end of the season? Unsworth can't motivate the players, who the hell knows what big Dunc even does.

We need someone to get us through 10+ matches. That's it. I'd rather have an ACTUAL manager at the helm than.....I mean, I can't even think of who would be willing to come.

Great choice guys.

Get a manager in that won nothing in 11yrs of mostly, not always, dire football and got worse once he left us, and on top of that totally disrespected his former club once he left.

That is your unique answer to what manager in the whole of world football can we get that might get us to kick on and maybe win a trophy?

Put the keyboard away guys.

Agree 100%

Would take Moyes as interim until the seasons end but we cant go back permanently.

Whilst I am not advocating Moyes, if Silva was to be sacked tomorrow, who the hell would even come near here until the end of the season? Unsworth can't motivate the players, who the hell knows what big Dunc even does.

We need someone to get us through 10+ matches. That's it. I'd rather have an ACTUAL manager at the helm than.....I mean, I can't even think of who would be willing to come.

Why do we need a manager to close out this crap season?

Pls don't say relegation fears....

Chelsea are upto their old tricks of not playing for their manager again. When they get him sacked may be there could be an opportunity for the blues

overhauling a squad , which we are currently doing, must first tackle the conceding goals bit.

it looks like silva had this in mind when signing mina, digne and zouma this summer.

it is glaringly obvious he is not a defensive coach and has been easily found out.

if we were hard to beat and not shipping ridiculous goals , infact the exact same goal over and over then I would be in the camp of giving silva time to build his team. but he can not do it.

we need to bring in a defensive minded coach, who can stabalize us first and foremost, because shipping 2/3/4 goals each match will just relegate you.

whoever comes in next , MUST have a record in building from the back and having an excellent defensive record, hopefully in the premier league, but at a top European league would suffice.

its just a basic requirement.

we can not sack silva and then go and replace him with someone winning the luxumbourg league or similar.

im hoping marcel Brands has 5 or 6 candidates ready to come and have an interview.

I think your issue is working under a DOF though. Clearly they want Brands to be a dominant figure. I don't believe any of the names mentioned above would accept that.

I also think, and I mean this politely, we have any chance of getting any of the above managers. Possibly Heynkes. The rest no chance. A big part of the problem we currently have is there seems a wholly unrealistic expectation of who we could attract.

We have currently got the manager of Preston, the manager of (relegated Wigan), Southamptons manager, Sam Allardyce and Watfords ex manager. By all accounts there will be belt tightening going on, for a squad that is a lower mid table squad with very little fight and profrssionalism and a club who don't give managers time. Why are we suddenly going to get people who managed Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester united?

There's absolutely no way Heynkes is/would come here. He's 73 years old! And retired.

Well I sure a crap don't want these tits deciding for themselves what they want to do. Despise each and every one of them bar about 3.

They'll do enough under Silva to get a few more points at least

The seasons a dead duck. I don't think we need to be paying two managers wages for the last couple months. Sounds like money's tight as it is and the summer window is crucial in regards to wages off the books to allow us to move forward. I don't trust them to get an interim manager that will walk away at seasons end. And I definitely don't trust them to have an actual proper decent long term replacement lined up right now

They'll do enough under Silva to get a few more points at least

The seasons a dead duck. I don't think we need to be paying two managers wages for the last couple months. Sounds like money's tight as it is and the summer window is crucial in regards to wages off the books to allow us to move forward. I don't trust them to get an interim manager that will walk away at seasons end. And I definitely don't trust them to have an actual proper decent long term replacement lined up right now

Summer 2019 will see Martinez's, Koeman's and Sam's contracts with the club all 'officially' end. It's mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.