If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those saying about the former Chelsea managers...dont you consider that they have pretty much kept the same core of players in the squad with only a couple of changes every season?

If that doesnt tell you anything about needing better players then i dont know what would...
It also shows how difficult that is when you constantly sack managers

Setien is a big no from me. If you think Martinez is a stubborn manager then go and watch how Betis were humiliated by Leganes (lead by Pellegrino btw) and he didn’t change a single thing during the game. Betis are playing the same way since he’s there and they’re not adapting and fixing errors. He finished last season on a negative goal difference and it’s the same story this year.

Dyche just seems a poor man’s Moyes, whereas the fella in Sheffield has done a tremendous job. Thing is, he is a Blades fan, so why would he ditch them now?
He was on the verge of leaving last season as he had some hard time with their owners not providing him funds. I bet he would love to lead Blades in the Premier League but we’re still too big to turn down for him I think if he wants to improve.

Sarri is a Napoli fan and it doesnt stop him to jump on a Chelsea ship.

I wasnt a fan of Sam Allardyce but it is refreshing to hear that he also felt the football under him wasnt good enough!

Irony is that he's a better Manager than Silva. It would have made sense if we sacked him for someone with a better pedigree. Silva has done SFA, oh wait he's won the Greek Super League, McClaren has won the Eredivisie should we go for him next.

Indeed but He's a winner mate. I don’t go for the crap that a great player makes a bad manager. Just think he has what it takes. But let’s go for Eddie Howe instead.

Just look at what happened at United and second season at Chelsea. He never stays anywhere, a long time. I actually think, he gets himself sacked on purpose. He buys players for the quick fix. 30 year old etc. Yes world class players but players like Eto. Who didn't work out for us.

Just look at what happened at United and second season at Chelsea. He never stays anywhere, a long time. I actually think, he gets himself sacked on purpose. He buys players for the quick fix. 30 year old etc. Yes world class players but players like Eto. Who didn't work out for us.
I was referring to Scholes mate, I agree with you on Jose

Ive probably missed the point here but;

Gerrard - Rangers
Lampard - Derby
Henry - Monaco (sacked)
Vieira - Nice + NYC

I didn't explain very well. I meant are there any others around? Like them? After a few posts and all the despair i tend to just type whatever

I have just looked at the managerial record of some of the chaps mentioned (either seriously or is jest) on here and it makes for interesting reading ( this is from that transfer market thingy and covers their PL record)

Marco Silva 1.2 points per match (ppm)
Fat Sam 1.3 ppm
David Wagner 1.3 ppm
Moyes 1.5 ppm at EFC, 1.7 ppm at MUFC, 1.2 at each club since ManU
Eddie Howe 1.5 ppm
Chris Hughton 1.5 ppm

Really surprised Hughton has done that well (also depress3d to read he is now 60, which makes me feel very old)!

So on that basis we go for somebody I haven’t researched or for Chris Hughton, job done for you lads ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.