If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have developed a disturbing fetish or attachment to former RS managers.
It is NOT healthy.
Seek help, Urgently!!!

Not a fan of Rodgers myself however Rafael is a good manager if hes financially backed. The day Newcastle are taken over is the day I'll be concerned that they'll start moving up the table and muscling past us as Wolves and Watford have done.

My point was in months/years gone by clubs like those I mentioned would be in a never ending cycle of appointing mid table managers like Hughes, Pardew, Warnock, Alladyce.

Now they are managed by blokes who have won league titles and european cups.

Thats my concern with persisting with Silva 2 years is a long time in football and we can easily fall behind the chasing pack if they get recruitment right with said managers.

It peaked after the Chelsea game, but since then I dont think they have even won a game.
Ive stopped even discussing Rafael, im just putting the people who say his name on ignore, I will have a proper discussion about anybody else, but he just hurts my head, was the same with Bilic. I just dont ever forget.
Fans need to realise we ain’t getting no Mourinho/Simeone etc... were just not. I’m not happy with Silva now, but I’m willing to give him time because
1 We’re not in danger
2 8 months is not long enough
3 sacking another manager means the next one has 4 managers scraps he needs to get rid of!! In the end you become an Aston Villa

Fans need to realise we ain’t getting no Mourinho/Simeone etc... were just not. I’m not happy with Silva now, but I’m willing to give him time because
1 We’re not in danger
2 8 months is not long enough
3 sacking another manager means the next one has 4 managers scraps he needs to get rid of!! In the end you become an Aston Villa

Its a tough thing to call really.

You look at his record and its not amazing, bar his time in Greece and Portugal and even that isnt Jose at Porto, but hey, not many can do a Jose or Diego to be fair, special managers.

I get the sections of the fanbase that want him sacked no matter what, Im honestly there sometimes, but I agree, we cant keep sacking managers, Brands and Moshiri want stability, certain sections of the fanbase want stability. 1 win doesnt change a thing, hell even winning on Sunday wouldnt change much if we then lost the next 5 or something.

But I am willing to give him the next 10 games, im not expecting to win them all, we have some very tough games and these 10 games dont mean more than the last 28, basically lets just get to the end of the season and see whats what.

If you asked me now, here and now should he be given any more time after the season ends, I would probably be 50/50, im really not sure atm.

Its a tough thing to call really.

You look at his record and its not amazing, bar his time in Greece and Portugal and even that isnt Jose at Porto, but hey, not many can do a Jose or Diego to be fair, special managers.

I get the sections of the fanbase that want him sacked no matter what, Im honestly there sometimes, but I agree, we cant keep sacking managers, Brands and Moshiri want stability, certain sections of the fanbase want stability. 1 win doesnt change a thing, hell even winning on Sunday wouldnt change much if we then lost the next 5 or something.

But I am willing to give him the next 10 games, im not expecting to win them all, we have some very tough games and these 10 games dont mean more than the last 28, basically lets just get to the end of the season and see whats what.

If you asked me now, here and now should he be given any more time after the season ends, I would probably be 50/50, im really not sure atm.
The problem we have is if we sack Silva, then any incoming manager has to hit the ground running to get the backing of the fans.
We had that with Martinez!! Look how that turned out.
Wanting instant success and chasing it could end really bad that’s my fear.

Ranieri looking for a job, bit mad that, can't turn a turd into a diamond, not even a pre season or anything, Fulham owner showing ruthlessness in the face of relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.