Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything about him is class. Even today, when all around him was falling apart, he still gave it everything, my player of the year by miles

I like him as a player but he wasn't good today. coutino walked past him with ease for his goal, and he seemed a bit all over the show at times. It's amazing how much we missed Schneiderlin given he's not been here that long.

Thought he was a bit crap early doors today like everyone else.

Got better as it went on but not his best day.

Still a great signing though.

I like him as a player but he wasn't good today. coutino walked past him with ease for his goal, and he seemed a bit all over the show at times. It's amazing how much we missed Schneiderlin given he's not been here that long.
Its all about opinions, couldnt disagree more tho....he never stopped today and made some great tackles.....different gravy today...imo

I am really struggling to see how some people thought he played well or alright yesterday. I didn't see him win a tackle at all. He took forever to pass the ball when someone was in space and he was awful for the 2nd goal. Took an age to get over and put a crap tackle in. Was so easy. He is class but thought he was very poor but no one played even alright yesterday.

...both Gueye and Davis were caught the wrong side of Mane and Coutinho when they cut inside. You can see that for the goals both these players scored. In Schneiderlin's absence we badly needed Barry to start because he works that space ('between the lines').

Barry would've protected the wing backs, shielded the back four and given Gueye and Davies more licence. It was a very strange set up and even stranger that it wasn't changed in the first half.

He was dreadful yesterday, I've lost a lot of trust in him. Not just poor, the mistakes he made were horrendous, diving in like that and selling himself for the first goal, no strength for the third goal, it was all a huge setback. The sort of player he is the one quality above all else that has to shine through is dependability, they aren't setting the sky alight but they a positionally good and cover the angles. He went to pieces yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.