Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports now that they're after Julian Brandt at Leverkusen. He is a fine young player.

Yes I agree. Haven't we been linked tentatively? I would absolutely love it if we beat them to him. Likewise I think it would also be great popcorn if they try to get him on the cheap at say 20-22 million pounds (FSG style) and we go on with a 30+ million bid for him (like we did with the lad from Napoli). Can you imagine Kopite heads falling off all over the Echo if that happens about our irresponsibility.

I appreciate after all these years I've become somewhat pathetic in my feelings towards them, but messing up their number 1 transfer would wrongly give me as much pride as acquiring one of our own. The fall out would be immense listening and viewing.

Yes I agree. Haven't we been linked tentatively? I would absolutely love it if we beat them to him. Likewise I think it would also be great popcorn if they try to get him on the cheap at say 20-22 million pounds (FSG style) and we go on with a 30+ million bid for him (like we did with the lad from Napoli). Can you imagine Kopite heads falling off all over the Echo if that happens about our irresponsibility.

I appreciate after all these years I've become somewhat pathetic in my feelings towards them, but messing up their number 1 transfer would wrongly give me as much pride as acquiring one of our own. The fall out would be immense listening and viewing.
Thing is, if they have CL football to offer and we have EL football he's either staying put or going to them.

Thing is, if they have CL football to offer and we have EL football he's either staying put or going to them.

You would think so mate (still a long way to go for them in securing that though). Either way I can still see them haggling and taking their time over completing the deal. Whacking in a huge offer will be a huge spanner in thew works which at best might prevent him going their and at worst means they will have to fork out big money for him.

Some real crazy talk in here.

Gana is essential. Everton need him.

I don't understand this idea of having too many midfielders. McCarthy is broken and likely leaving come the end of the season because of it, Barry is getting on as it is. Both are assets. People forgetting how quickly both have jumped between hero and villain in games, thus the necessity to have the options, almost.

I have to be honest in saying we have no idea if Besic will even survive the culling, he's got to try and stay injury free now. Plus Europe etc.

We play 2-3 central midfielders, per game. I would say you need about 6 in the squad in order to challenge for places, handle injuries and rotate tactics/strengths player-to-player.

How would any of you want to entertain the idea of selling one of the best defensive midfielders around in today's football, anyway? Genuinely, Gueye is statistically one of, if not the, best in a host of category's at the minute... no?

He also recently spoke of how excited he was to play with Morgan.

Going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.