2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

Drives me insane.

Why isn't he just told to sit, interrupt play and pass to the first Everton player in the same direction he's facing?

Dyche has him roaming all over in number 10 positions taking pot shots.
His shooting and Pickford standing 40 yards out of his goal lumping the ball straight out of play.. why does Dyche not wring their neck everytime they do it

IMG_8098.jpeg

Think the proof was in the pudding, we are a much stronger side with Onana in the team over Gana
Definitely MUCH stronger with Onana in the team. But I think without Gana's injury, Garner should have come off for Onana. Onana should have started regardless and it'll probably be Gana/Garner swapping back and forth based on form/opponent.

I've seen half a season of Gana and Onana together and I don't think it works. Both want to sit deep

Gueye can provide energy and pressing but then drops off in performance 1-2 matches later. I felt we struggled to beat the press today due to him being too slow to pass out from defence.

Interesting what happens on Saturday now with Paqueta returning and West Ham getting the ball much quicker to their forwards as seen with the Bowen hat trick.

Garner-Onana was the pivot for the away game down there so expect it to be the same regardless of whether Gana recovers from injury in time.

I have the exact opposite feeling. Think he has been our best player and the main reason it is still 0-0. If Onana comes on, has to be for Garner.
Gana and Onana together please and drop Garner. Gana is a work horse although he has had a couple of poor games recently but he could score too, can't see Garner scoring

I've seen half a season of Gana and Onana together and I don't think it works. Both want to sit deep

Gueye can provide energy and pressing but then drops off in performance 1-2 matches later. I felt we struggled to beat the press today due to him being too slow to pass out from defence.
I agree that Gana has great games and then goes missing in other games but Garner seems to sit deep in front of back four and passes sideways and backwards