2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

I actually thought he was poor, especially on ball. Not expecting him to be great on it, but he just seems too half arsed when he gets possession. He creates danger or breaks down attempts to get from the defence. He misses some of the intensity that we need from a senior player in a situation like this IMHO. I'm sure he slept on the the first goal.

Surprised to read the stat on his work off the ball and winning possession, he had some tho where I was wondering what the hell spurs were doing strolling along with the ball. They weren't great really

He's grand tho, in a squad like ours at our level I'm glad when he's available to play or come on from bench but he frustrates me more often than impresses me

his distribution and attempts on goal are what lets him down. His work rate and disruptive play are still very good
I fully agree but the position we play him in normally, he shouldn’t be having attempts on goal. Garner and Onana should be playing ahead of him and have a lot more chances, the fact that they don’t speaks volumes.

It’s exactly the reason why people gave him abuse at the end of his last spell, he was expected to link play and attack instead of his job of breaking up attacks and disrupting the other team.

I actually thought he was poor, especially on ball. Not expecting him to be great on it, but he just seems too half arsed when he gets possession. He creates danger or breaks down attempts to get from the defence. He misses some of the intensity that we need from a senior player in a situation like this IMHO. I'm sure he slept on the the first goal.

Surprised to read the stat on his work off the ball and winning possession, he had some tho where I was wondering what the hell spurs were doing strolling along with the ball. They weren't great really

He's grand tho, in a squad like ours at our level I'm glad when he's available to play or come on from bench but he frustrates me more often than impresses me

Was easily man of the match so that’s odd tbh, certainly shows more intensity than Onana too.

Was easily man of the match so that’s odd tbh, certainly shows more intensity than Onana too.

Possibly focused more on the stuff he does that annoys me. I complained about him all game to my bro. Just remembered his terrible attempt at a shot too!

Onana is also consistently average, but I think I prefer having him there with Garner rather than Gana so long as we continue to scrape the points together that we need

Possibly focused more on the stuff he does that annoys me. I complained about him all game to my bro. Just remembered his terrible attempt at a shot too!

Onana is also consistently average, but I think I prefer having him there with Garner rather than Gana so long as we continue to scrape the points together that we need

Needs to be told never to have another shot in his life like.

It was deflected, it got us a corner.

“ I’m sure he slept on the first goal” if he did there was a couple more in the same bed as him, like Branthwaite for instance,it didn’t stop both of them being in contention for MOTM!!