• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's genuinely mad that we're scrapping round in the bargain basement precisely because of signing players with no resale value and people still think it's funny that resale value gets brought up as a concern. We are where we are so if this is the type of deal we have to do then I get that, but we're just kicking the can down the road with these signings, at some point this has to change.

Think resale matters more when you're paying a decent fee to get them mate.

We as a club have always brought in some older players for cheap/free who can provide a few years.

Barry, Gough, Martyn, Distin just off the top of my head.

Resale value only matters if there's a plan to sell them, the likes of Gueye would not be like that. We need to dodge the 26/28 yo for 25-40,m deals we've done way too many of recently

It's genuinely mad that we're scrapping round in the bargain basement precisely because of signing players with no resale value and people still think it's funny that resale value gets brought up as a concern. We are where we are so if this is the type of deal we have to do then I get that, but we're just kicking the can down the road with these signings, at some point this has to change.

Resale matters of course, but it matters more when you pay a high fee to buy a player and when the contract is long with high wages. Where the fee is low, or it's a free transfer, and where the contract is shorter, i.e. no more than 2 seasons, then it's less of an issue.

Would I sign Gueye this summer? Probably not. But we've made a lot of more high risk signings than this one, assuming the fee is low or even free.

It's very difficult to believe he'd be dropped from international football for wearing his club's kit. It's also difficult to believe that the club will manage to make him see the light now, seeing as they didn't manage to do it last time he was here.

It's fine to admit that he may have questionable views and that the club isn't necessarily a paragon of virtue but still think we should sign him, we don't need to make stuff up to support it.

Here's the thing though mate, in a liberal society it should be his entire right to 'not' have to support LGBT rights - all the talk about reeducation is massively condescending in truth.

He's never done anything whatsoever anti gay, not one thing, he just doesn't want to promote something or be seen to support something he personally dies not believe in.

That's the entire point of liberalism, freedom of his own thoughts.

The problem here isn't Gueye. The problem is footballing authorities insisting footballers make their private views public.

Is it the authorities or simply people power to have a voice on everything that has caused this? Only a short while ago any kind of political statement was kept out of football but the masses have now forced the authorities to support any kind of 'message'.

It itself isn't a bad thing, quite honorable in its intentions, but you can see how it creates conflicts like this and therefore it would be better to go back to how it was and if an individual player wants to promote causes they can do that in their own time and leave football to just be about the football.

Screenshot_2022-08-01-11-53-43-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It seems to me if that if any Sky reporters actually watched us once in a while they wouldn't make such an utterly stupid statement. They are actually implying that Gana is a direct replacement for Delph. Preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.