• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Gana left there have been shouts that we haven't replaced him. Now we are talking of bringing him back, on what could be a short term and cost effective deal, some people still aren't happy.

No pleasing some people.

I think he would be great on a maximum 2 year deal. Get to work on lining up his replacement for next summer while Gana moves to understudy.

He's a devout Muslim isn't he?

His views are shared with LOADS of other African players by proxy, so I find it strange that he's the only one getting grief about this LBGTQ stuff simply because he spoke out about the message of a footy shirt being against his religious beliefs.. ?‍♂️

Weird take. Has any African player in the premier league refused to wear rainbow laces for example? Even if they have, it’s never been publicised whereas with Gueye the facts are all there.

Are you saying people should be fine with a a known homophobe who hides behind idiotic religious beliefs as a justification for his discriminatory, totally incorrect views?

He's a devout Muslim isn't he?

His views are shared with LOADS of other African players by proxy, so I find it strange that he's the only one getting grief about this LBGTQ stuff simply because he spoke out about the message of a footy shirt being against his religious beliefs.. ?‍♂️
He didn't. He didn't actively promote it by wearing a rainbow, but he has also never said anything against it (unless I've missed him saying something). But you raise a point about other Muslim and/or African footballers in the league. A couple came out in support of him. But we don't actually know.

It's also not just a religious thing, it's to do with the laws in his country etc (where drinking and gambling are legal but same sex relationships are not).

We also have the England team willingly going out to Qatar to play in the world Cup. I'm not anticipating any of them wearing rainbow laces out there, are you?

Whatever happened to individuals being allowed an opinion in this world. We continously bang on about how much we hate the RS. Isn't that a form of bigotry. We can't all agree on exactly the same issues. If he's good enough as a footballer that will do for me if not then, no. Simple.
An opinion? Jesus Christ bro we’re not talking about “do you like pineapple on pizza?” here.

Weird take. Has any African player in the premier league refused to wear rainbow laces for example? Even if they have, it’s never been publicised whereas with Gueye the facts are all there.

Are you saying people should be fine with a a known homophobe who hides behind idiotic religious beliefs as a justification for his discriminatory, totally incorrect views?
I'm saying the vast majority of Muslim players are in the same boat, so to use it as a stick to only beat one of those Muslim players with is pretty hypocritical IMO.

For what it's worth - I disagree with that stance myself and when the reports came out it didn't look great for him, but he was here for a few years and fans loved him despite carrying those same views throughout... so what's really changed??

These people should not be welcome in our midfield...but they should take their rightful place as contributors to the Current Affairs forum.

I don't understand why anyone should have a belief forced upon them. If he doesn't want to support the LBGTQ then he doesn't need to?

Why is anyone publicly required to support something that they don't believe in?

Now this decision is effecting his work opportunities.

From a footballing point of view, its a great decision to bring him back, he knows the club, understands the fans and financially allows us to use the money elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.