• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems odd that talks are apparently advancing but we still don’t know if it’ll be a loan or a permanent deal, that’s surely one of the first things to decide.

Anyway, this one should happen because both clubs and the player seem to want it to. They want him off the books so a 2 year perm would be ideal.

Depends on the fee. If PSG want him gone and a nominal fee that would be preferable to both parties rather than a loan fee and giving him back.

Seems odd that talks are apparently advancing but we still don’t know if it’ll be a loan or a permanent deal, that’s surely one of the first things to decide.

Anyway, this one should happen because both clubs and the player seem to want it to. They want him off the books so a 2 year perm would be ideal.

It'll just be a case of Romano hedging on info

If the Athletic say permanent, it'll be permanent

a Gana and Iwobi pairing would be scrumpalicious
I'm not sure it would

None of our midfielders are at their best in a two and I think the 2022 version of Gana won't be helped by that either.

I imagine we'll see him play alongside Doucoure if he's here, and fit, in time for Chelsea, in a 343. Iwobi probably pushes forward to one of the forward slots then, or plays wing-back. But at least it gives us options.

I'm not sure it would

None of our midfielders are at their best in a two and I think the 2022 version of Gana won't be helped by that either.

I imagine we'll see him play alongside Doucoure if he's here, and fit, in time for Chelsea, in a 343. Iwobi probably pushes forward to one of the forward slots then, or plays wing-back. But at least it gives us options.
I agree. If we are going to play with wing backs playing high uup the pitch I'd like to see a solid double pivot in centre midfield.

I can't work out where McNeil plays unless we go 343 and his is one of the front 3.

I agree. If we are going to play with wing backs playing high uup the pitch I'd like to see a solid double pivot in centre midfield.

I can't work out where McNeil plays unless we go 343 and his is one of the front 3.
He'll be one of the front three mate, predominantly from the right.

It just gives us options, which is what we need.

I'm not sure it would

cheers mate. i`m obviously no football tactician but having Gana and Iwobi in the same line up really appeals to me along with what we`ve already got. i`ve been very up beat (unlike most) about Lampards signings so far and bringing Gana back would be brilliant. In Frank We Trust ;)

From memory, Gana was always good at reading play and rushing the ball receiver and nicking the ball or disrupting play. In the mould of Lucas Leiva/Fernandinho type role, dropping behind the midfield cutting off play through the middle in-between the lines and also covering with his running the wingback that push up.

I think this kind of player, will be key to how Lampard wants the team to play high up pressing, passing quickly and on the front foot.

Really hope this gets done now.

cheers mate. i`m obviously no football tactician but having Gana and Iwobi in the same line up really appeals to me along with what we`ve already got. i`ve been very up beat (unlike most) about Lampards signings so far and bringing Gana back would be brilliant. In Frank We Trust ;)
I think in a midfield three sure, but there's no real solidity there mate. Lots of energy, but we see that with Doucoure-Iwobi.

You can't be having Iwobi play in a midfield two with any player in a Premier League game. For one it'd take away from what he's good at and two it'd leave us wide open. Gana doesn't sit, just like Doucoure doesn't.

Lampard played it out of necessity the other day because Allan wasn't fit. I really can't see there being any chance that, Gana coming in or not by then, that Iwobi-Doucoure is our midfield two on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.