• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-131709_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20220730-131709_The Athletic.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 351
I allowed myself a little hope that Gana would be coming back and then it goes all quiet. I think he has been my favourite player for the last decade. My first love will always be Bob the Pole but I just fell in love with Gana as I wasn't expecting him to be a massive part of our squad. I was wrong. Very wrong.
Agreed ?

Gueye would be a game changer for us with regards to our outlook and competitiveness this season.

For those saying 32/33 is too old, I would cite Makelele, Gareth Barry, Fernandinho,Busquets, Cambiasso, Matic, hell, even Lee Carsley. All sitting midfielders who were vital to their teams at his age and older.

So theyre all "sitting midfielders"...your words.

What does that have to do with Gana who isnt a "sitting midfielder" and whose game relies on high energy and stamina ?

How many 33- 35 year olds with a similar playing style have been effective ?

What does that have to do with Gana who isnt a "sitting midfielder" and whose game relies on high energy and stamina ?

Think he's a good stop gap mate.

Even if he couldn't be all action for 90 minutes having someone like him to do a good job for 60-70 mins before being subbed off is better than persisting for 90 minutes with bums like Davies and Slomes.

Gana screens the back four and plugs gaps in front of the defence. Being 'high energy' and having stamina are attributes all the players I mentioned had. You might lose pace, but at this level pro footballers still have immense stamina and fitness well into their thirties nowadays. Especially someone like Gana who houses that as a natural attribute.

Those of you not wanting our sweet prince back because of claiming he’s homophobic?? He’s Muslim and it’s against the Quran big difference. You are the type of people who probably agree with men competing in woman sports. SMH. I respect religions and their beliefs. Gana sweet prince come home to us
This has been my take on the matter since yesterday when there were those accusing him of homophobia purely by mixing it with his religious beliefs.
They had an 'opinion' that Gana was wrong for having 'belief' in his religion. A belief shared by millions of that faith throughout the entire world.

FWIT, I too have a faith. One especially that states, 'Though shall not kill'. Does that make me a bad person?

Gana screens the back four and plugs gaps in front of the defence. Being 'high energy' and having stamina are attributes all the players I mentioned had. You might lose pace, but at this level pro footballers still have immense stamina and fitness well into their thirties nowadays. Especially someone like Gana who houses that as a natural attribute.

….but the player who screens the back four doesn’t need to undertake the mileage you hint at. Indeed, they need discipline to not get drawn out and cover too much ground. It’s why Carsley was so effective & playing every game well into his 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.