2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was there ever unanimous opinion on Gueye amongst Everton fans ? PSG badly lacks a defensive minded midfielder, one that will run and tackle, but there is still doubts on his technical ability.

An article about him from my favourite football blog; some statisticians who sell their services to various football clubs.

To give them some credibility;

The person who owns it was employed by Brentford for 5 years who oversaw a lot of signings that they sold on for profit.
Also use stats to win the Danish Superliga with an unfancied club whose name I can't spell... FC Midysnadsland or something like that. (5years ago)
They wrote an article before Salah moved to Liverpool on how he would be the signing of the season
Wrote an article about an 18 Mbappe how £90million would be value for money before he moved to PSG
Wrote an article on Naby Keita 5 years ago when he was Red Bull Salzburg on how Arsenal should buy him as he is exactly what they need.

A lot of good back catalogue articles there for people to go over if they want to learn more about football.

https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/idrissa-gueye-powers-evertons-surprising-defense/

Hence the 6-2 defeat to Tottenham I guess.

As I mentioned in other threads, they also say that any club who spends £20million+ on Andre Gomes is getting ripped off.

Was there ever unanimous opinion on Gueye amongst Everton fans ? PSG badly lacks a defensive minded midfielder, one that will run and tackle, but there is still doubts on his technical ability.

He can run and tackle, but he has no technical ability and finds it very difficult to pass to a team mate most of the time.

So if all you want him to do is break up play, he`s the right man.

Hope that clear things up for you ?

Sell and compensate by playing our three CBs together the rest of the year.

Profit.

Plus it gets us away from this horrible 4-2-31

He can run and tackle, but he has no technical ability and finds it very difficult to pass to a team mate most of the time.

So if all you want him to do is break up play, he`s the right man.

Hope that clear things up for you ?
Does he have the highest pass completion percentage of anyone on our team? Seems to me he's quite good at passing to our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.