2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an engine, what an attitude and what an incredible technique to actually tackle and win the ball. He’s almost unique in today’s football.
Only someone who doesn’t understand football and the art of tackling/winning the ball, could have given a penalty against him last week.

With him, Gomes and Sig we have 3 midfielders who don’t stop running. All 3 have different qualities that blend well together.

Great stuff.

I prefer our midfield to the rs. The rs midfield yeterday was Milner and Fabinho and wijnal or im i crackers

I prefer our midfield to the rs. The rs midfield yeterday was Milner and Fabinho and wijnal or im i crackers

I agree. Their midfields only real job is to win the ball and get it to their forwards.

Liverpool’s edge on us at the moment is from Sane, Salah, Van Dijk and their keeper.

They were a million miles ahead of us last season. The gap is closing.

I agree. Their midfields only real job is to win the ball and get it to their forwards.

Liverpool’s edge on us at the moment is from Sane, Salah, Van Dijk and their keeper.

They were a million miles ahead of us last season. The gap is closing.

TBH I'm surprised he seems to have taken no blame whatsoever for Arsenals goal. He rushed out for a ball he was never going to get, and then failed to recover his position (still outside his 6 yard box when the shot came in)
I'm pretty sure that Pickford would have been slated for that.

When he's on it, it feels like you don't even need a back 4. That was one of the best performances by anyone I've seen at Goodison for some time. Incredible.

..he’s looked incredible with Gomes. His game will inevitably mean he misses matches through suspension and injury, I wonder if Baningame might be his most appropriate back-up.

I wonder if Gueye might have a man-marking role on Hazard next week.

Last edited:
It is plain that without Schneiiderlin to worry about, he can play his natural game. He was imperious yesterday.

There are still several posters here that think he's not good enough. He's our best player.

I believe the mindset behind that was due to his midfield partners. We looked to Gana to drive us forward and play good passes mainly because his partners couldn't. He has always done his job but the poor partner put more pressure on Gana so we expected him to do his own job and the job of his partner. Now we have Gomes who can dictate play and play forward this leaves Gana to do what he does best. Hopefully this partnership will continue to blossom but surely highlights how restricted Schnides and Davies are.

Status
Not open for further replies.