2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Lukaku and invest the mon.. oh.

Keep our best players. Always.

We invested that money poorly but the principle was correct. The problem was instead of buying young assets that could increase in value we bought a load of old slow players who mostly declined in value.

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, develop him and sell for 40 mill

Use funds to buy 2 players for 15-20 mill, develop both into 30-40 mill players.

Repeat.

All of a sudden that 7 million has turned into 100 million pounds worth of assets if you do it correctly.

‘Keeping our best players’ past their sell by date. Looks like:

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, decline chance to sell for 40 mill, interest disappears and Gueye either leaves for free or stays on a new contract of high wages until he retires. We now have zero pounds of assets. We still need new player so go out and pay 7 mill again hoping that we get someone as good as Gueye but at that price could easily be a dud.

The whole point of buying smart is to increase your asset base. I could if understand not selling g Gueye mid season but if we don’t sell now we are beyond stupid.
This would be fine if he wasn't as important as he is... Key Player for us without doubt. The other players think so also having voted him joint POTY. We need to show the rest of the team and any signings that we aren't a stepping stone club. The only way to do this is keep our best. We will have money for a replacement because we are perrenial PL

iS HE STAYING OR WHAT?
wANT TO BUY THIS BUT KNOW IF i DO WE WILL SELL HIM:

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, develop him and sell for 40 mill

Use funds to buy 2 players for 15-20 mill, develop both into 30-40 mill players.

Repeat.

All of a sudden that 7 million has turned into 100 million pounds worth of assets if you do it correctly.

‘Keeping our best players’ past their sell by date. Looks like:

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, decline chance to sell for 40 mill, interest disappears and Gueye either leaves for free or stays on a new contract of high wages until he retires. We now have zero pounds of assets. We still need new player so go out and pay 7 mill again hoping that we get someone as good as Gueye but at that price could easily be a dud.

The whole point of buying smart is to increase your asset base. I could if understand not selling g Gueye mid season but if we don’t sell now we are beyond stupid.

Your strategy only works if every player in that future chain develops into further saleable assets which is not a given otherwise every club in world football would be running a profit with 11 superstars on the pitch.

Clubs like us are always 1 bad transfer window away from regressing.

For me Gana is irreplaceable unless we had CL football to offer to someone like Ndombele or someone offered really daft money like £60-70 million which obviously isnt happening.

Most peculiar when people licked thier lips in January on who we could spend the gay money on. Probably would'a got relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.