Ian Ross gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he's gone, just wish it'd not been because of hackers, does not paint blues in the best light.

Disappointed by the reaction to Ian Ross to be fair.

Most who are condemning him have done so on the merit of the e-mail, rather than any personal grievance with the man. I had one dealing with him last year, and he come across brilliantly and went well out of his way to support a good initiative.

All I derived from them e-mails is a man frustrated (as we all are), about how our football Club is ran. Sure, he's telling a friend in confidence that he doesn't like his boss - how many of us do that?

Shame. What do fans expect now he's gone? This Kopite season ticket holder to come in on (yet another) consultants fee to make everything better? Behave.

Most who are condemning him have done so on the merit of the e-mail, rather than any personal grievance with the man. I had one dealing with him last year, and he come across brilliantly and went well out of his way to support a good initiative.

All I derived from them e-mails is a man frustrated (as we all are), about how our football Club is ran. Sure, he's telling a friend in confidence that he doesn't like his boss - how many of us do that?

Shame. What do fans expect now he's gone? This Kopite season ticket holder to come in on (yet another) consultants fee to make everything better? Behave.

In/out - I'm not arsed to be honest...no real passion about the subject. I will say this though: he was very good at his job of protecting the board - by hook or by crook - and they'll find it hard to replace that 'talent'. Which I think is a good development overall.

The problem is the level of disdain shown in his responses to fans queries over the years. Verging on outright abusive in some cases, in other instances just a "witty" one liner. The only good thing I can say about him is that he responded in person to most emails.

Also, for a man tasked with linking the fans with the club, he often proved to be the most effective barrier Kenwright had to maintaining the air of impregnability that the club has to the common fan. He very rarely liaised from what I can see; he earned his wage by simply fobbing people off.
popppppypopppycorn
A couple of years ago I saw an astonishing reply from Ross to someone on Bluekipper. I can't remember the exact content but it was a screenshot of the email and not a type up, so very genuine, and Ross was, in short, a complete tit.

Your dealings with Ross would have been different to the no doubt endless "when are we signing Moutinho" etc. crap he'd get on a daily basis, and that'd test even the most mild mannered of men, but he didn't have the patience to deal with that type of thing and, therefore, was not right for the job in my view.

Last edited:

The problem is the level of disdain shown in his responses to fans queries over the years. Verging on outright abusive in some cases, in other instances just a "witty" one liner. The only good thing I can say about him is that he responded in person to most emails.

I'd sooner that than your typical "covering my arse", standard copy and paste response.

Also, for a man tasked with linking the fans with the club, he often proved to be the most effective barrier Kenwright had to maintaining the air of impregnability that the club has to the common fan. He very rarely liaised from what I can see; he earned his wage by simply fobbing people off.

Was that definitely his role?
A couple of years ago I saw an astonishing reply from Ross to someone on Bluekipper. I can't remember the exact content but it was a screenshot of the email and not a type up, so very genuine, and Ross was, in short, a complete tit.

Your dealings with Ross would have been different to the no doubt endless "when are we signing Moutinho" etc. crap he'd get on a daily basis, and that'd test even the most mild mannered of men, but he didn't have the patience to deal with that type of thing and, therefore, was not right for the job in my view.

The point remains, he's been vindicated by most because of hearsay, his "allegiance" to Bill Kenwright and bizarrely, that e-mail.

What's going to improve? Nothing other than someone who responds in a 'professional' manner to fan e-mails? What cause is there to almost celebrate his depature?

In comes a glorified Yes man.

+1 to RE.

We've lost a great journalist today. Someone who would manipulate the media to brief against sections of the fanbase on a regular basis. Someone who employed excellent media management techniques to deflect/divert attention from the content of an important interview away and onto questions of how the interview was recorded.

He even cared enough to register on sites to direct the public opinion of the weak and gullible. It's a shame some elements of our support are weak and gullible, but that's their problem not Ian's.

Hard luck Ian, I'm sure a wonderful career in tabloid phone hacking can't be beyond you.

Status
Not open for further replies.