I quite enjoy the realism here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely dominated 90 minutes yesterday having 25 shots at goal and playing some very nice football; S'land got two scabby deflections and got off with a pen.

That's the way non-Evertoninas saw it, and correctly so.

If we play like that every week and get a cutting edge to it I'd be very content.

Completely dominated 90 minutes yesterday having 25 shots at goal and playing some very nice football; S'land got two scabby deflections and got off with a pen.

If we play like that every week and get a cutting edge to it I'd be very content.
I had no problem yesterday. We had terrible luck and Sunderland had all the luck.. It happens!

It was Sunderland at home ffs! What did you expect us to do, sit back?!

Any half decent team dominates Sunderland at home, the difference being they usually beat them!

Your feeble attempts to convince us how great Martinez is, is getting boring now. You wouldn't call for his head if we're in the same position next year.

Any half decent team dominates Sunderland at home, the difference being they usually beat them!

Your feeble attempts to convince us how great Martinez is, is getting boring now. You wouldn't call for his head if we're in the same position next year.
Big,big summer for Martinez IMHO,make or break.

Sometimes I come away thinking 40,000 people watched 40,000 different matches.

That's football I suppose.

Have you seen the transfer thread LOL.
About as realistic as the obligatory Kopite next year shout

I agree - that's why I picked on Lukaku really. We played well up until it reached his sphere of influence and, basically, he had no influence whatsoever. Again.

If we played like that more often this season we'd have had a different season.

Big,big summer for Martinez IMHO,make or break.

Could not agree more, quite what happens between now and the first day of next season is crucial for us. And I reckon we'll know the answers to the has he learned, adapted and changed his modus operandi questions as early as the end of September.

If he has and things are going well on the field, we can all go back fuming about the lack of investment, lack of buyers, lack of a viable, affordable, realistic new stadium and generally abusing and laughing at the RS.

Could not agree more, quite what happens between now and the first day of next season is crucial for us. And I reckon we'll know the answers to the has he learned, adapted and changed his modus operandi as early as the end of September.

If he has and things are going well on the field, we can all go back fuming about the lack of investment, lack of buyers, lack of a viable, affordable, realistic new stadium and generally abusing and laughing at the RS.
Those were the days,really miss them.

Their away form hasn't been bad this season: before yesterday's game it was drawn 9 won 2 lost 8...so they more often than not dont get beat on their travels. They were fighting for their lives and we had nothing much to play for. But let's have it right: we totally dominated the game and if we'd had a our shooting boots on it'd have been a big score run up for us.

I really dont think you see the context here. If we'd played rubbish and got a 1-0 win it'd have made you more happy than me. I'd rather see evidence right now that we have a system of play that works - and that's what i got confirmed yesterday. We just were very unfortunate attacking wise and were let down by Baines for the first and Stones for the second (although the goals themselves were flukes).

Status
Not open for further replies.