I quite enjoy the realism here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly the same, yes. Just couldn't find the cutting edge...interpreted by some though as 'diss iz sh*te diss lad'

I think Martinez's use of the transfer system and then how the players he brings in in the summer perform are absolute key.

If he buys useless gash and wastes money I will call for his head.

If he buys smart and we perform and he removes some of our current weaknesses and we are in and around the top 6 by October and looking good I will continue my support of the manager.

Transfers are key this summer.

Last edited:
Do you mean there lots of blues who will do anything to find a negative?

There's certainly a few out there.

just that I think, can't see how it's always a players fault if we concede a goal,yesterdays goals are a case in point, you can train all week but not a chance in hell can you allow for deflections like those.We played well imho,on another day we might have scored 3 or more goals what with hitting a post, a certain penalty and good defending by a team fighting for their lives.
we didn't get the luck simple as that but there still seems to be a reason to complain.frustrating but it's football.

just that I think, can't see how it's always a players fault if we concede a goal,yesterdays goals are a case in point, you can train all week but not a chance in hell can you allow for deflections like those.We played well imho,on another day we might have scored 3 or more goals what with hitting a post, a certain penalty and good defending by a team fighting for their lives.
we didn't get the luck simple as that but there still seems to be a reason to complain.frustrating but it's football.

Yeah, alright. Wasn't p1ss-poor defending whatsoever for both shots to have got off, was it?

Last edited:

I think Martinez's use of the transfer system and then how the players he brings in in the summer are absolute key.

If he buys useless gash and wastes money I will call for his head.

If he buys smart and we perform and he removes some of our current weaknesses and we are in and around the top 6 by October and looking good I will continue my support of the manager.

Transfers are key this summer.

In terms of signposts next season: we have to be playing well again and be within touching distance of top 5 - and by that I mean less than 7/8 points off it at Christmas. He cant afford another bottom half of the table season. Any suggestion we're getting one wont be tolerated.

But people need to get off his back. He's 'one for two' as far as I'm concerned. And for bringing back some of the best football we've produced in over a decade in that first season he should be afforded the respect he deserves.

In terms of signposts next season: we have to be playing well again and be within touching distance of top 5 - and by that I mean less than 7/8 points off it at Christmas. He cant afford another bottom half of the table season. Any suggestion we're getting one wont be tolerated.

But people need to get off his back. He's 'one for two' as far as I'm concerned. And for bringing back some of the best football we've produced in over a decade in that first season he should be afforded the respect he deserves.

Agreed Dave.

What positions and/or players would you like to see come in to shore things up?

I think we certainly need to replace Alcaraz. We need another striker I think to push Lukaku.

Certainly can't wait for Transfer window to open. I also hope Martinez only takes two weeks off early in the summer then spends the rest of the summer in the office preparing for the next season.

By this. He should be looking for players he wants.

Yeah, alright. Wasn't p1ss-poor defending whatsoever for both shots to have got off, was it?[/QUOTE
so the shot that was had when John Stones went to block, but he was tripped, was poor defending then ?. as good as we would like our defence to be ,teams will have shots against us, the over analyising of every goal and apportioning blame is a byproduct of TV.

Completely dominated 90 minutes yesterday having 25 shots at goal and playing some very nice football; S'land got two scabby deflections and got off with a pen.

That's the way non-Evertoninas saw it, and correctly so.

If we play like that every week and get a cutting edge to it I'd be very content.

We have. That's been the problem.

Yesterday we had FOUR shots on target. The first coming after 40 minutes.

Pass, pass, pass, pass. No intent. No conviction. Opposition sits deep, and we're unable to force the issue.

We're predicable outwide, and the centre (Barkley/Barry/McCarthy) offered nothing.

Inability to force the issue.

They break and slot.

How many times this season?...

The games when we haven't had the ball/won the possession (Man Utd/Southampton/QPR/Newcastle...) we've won.

At home. Give us the ball. Sit back - and we haven't got a clue. Predicable, players lacking imagination and no penetration from central. We saw a difference a CM who can play a ball forward in Gibson made.

Agreed Dave.

What positions and/or players would you like to see come in to shore things up?

I think we certainly need to replace Alcaraz. We need another striker I think to push Lukaku.

Certainly can't wait for Transfer window to open. I also hope Martinez only takes two weeks off early in the summer then spends the rest of the summer in the office preparing for the next season.

By this. He should be looking for players he wants.
Second striker
Playmaker
CB
RM

We have. That's been the problem.

Yesterday we had FOUR shots on target. The first coming after 40 minutes.

Pass, pass, pass, pass. No intent. No conviction. Opposition sits deep, and we're unable to force the issue.

We're predicable outwide, and the centre (Barkley/Barry/McCarthy) offered nothing.

Inability to force the issue.

They break and slot.

How many times this season?...

The games when we haven't had the ball/won the possession (Man Utd/Southampton/QPR/Newcastle...) we've won.

At home. Give us the ball. Sit back - and we haven't got a clue. Predicable, players lacking imagination and no penetration from central. We saw a difference a CM who can play a ball forward in Gibson made.

None of that cuts across my point.

We have a manager who can work a counter attacking game against the best there is, we know that. He's got us a pattern of play where we can also work the ball patiently back to front to the final third/18 yard box. What we dont have is enough players with the creativity to turn the lock. He needs to buy that in. Eto'o was a move to do that, but it didn't work out. Martinez knows he needs this type in the summer, because a hell of a lot more teams will allow us to possess the ball than come out and play and offer us the chance to counter attack.

We are not that far off. A plan is there - clearly. We just need the inspiration from a couple more players to make other teams pay for their negative approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.